Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog Vs Business

Hi there,

I am creating a site (using developer) for a client and would like to add a free product when people spend over £70.

I am going to buy catalog for my client so they can process orders / alter products etc and I believe the "Sophisticated product-level and customer-level discounting including ‘buy one get one free’, ‘% off orders over…’, time-expiring discounts, coupons etc" are not available in catalog.

If I have already set it up in Developer will it still work with my clients site if they are using catalog or do they need to purchase business?

I hope I have worded this clear enough!

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil,

They will have to purchase Business if they wish to add customer accounts, use coupon codes and make use of the various discounts.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Cheers Bruce,

Even if I set them up in developer first? They will not need changing once I have set the store up.

Thanks again,

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil,

All you would need to do is to make a snapshot of the site in your version and then import it into the customers installation of Actinic, File | Snapshot | Export Site.. from your end and Fle | Snapshot | Import Site from their end.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks you Bruce.

I thought there was a way to do it.

Neil

Comment

You need to be careful if your customer is going to make changes with their copy of Catalog after you have set up the site using Developer, if your customer changes things on their Catalog and updates the website, they run the risk of screwing up the site, some of the features you have created with your Developer are totally damaged and I have in the past come across this problem.

If when you have finished the site using Developer and nothing is going to be changed by your customer, then they could use Order Manager but if they needed to change things, then they will need Business version.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

He is also thinking of starting another online store (which I would create for him) - if he had order manager could he download info from 2 stores or would he need 2 copies of order manager?

Comment

Hi,

He will need to have 2 copies of Order Manager as the license is per site. I would suggest you call Sales for Licensing information, they can be reched at 0845 129 4800

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X