6.1.1........6.1.2.....???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.1.1........6.1.2.....???????

Hoping this gets a response from Chris or someone at Actinic.

Just spent 2 days readying our Actinic Themes for Download site using the latest version and withing 8 minutes of each other 2 patches are released. Well I am assuming that the first e-mail was an error as I have 6.1.1 but now need to do the same with 6.1.2.

As every site needs to be updated using the Site Upgrader can Actinic have a post somewhere that tells us (Actinic Developers, Third Party Add-On Suppliers) what patches are currently being worked on and an expected arrival date so we can build this into our timescale please.

Owner of a broken heart

OK - here is an immediate response to help you out.

6.1.2 is just a fix to the Catalog Executable and an update to the referrer.pl perl script. This means that if you run it, Actinic will detect there are no changes to the HTML required and so not try and make any changes to your templates.

When we produce updates they are for one of two reasons. They are sometimes released to address specific serious problems in the field, in which case they are brought out quickly. Normally, however, we bring out a maintenance release every few months with the latest round of fixes and updates.

This means that 6.1.2 will be the last maintenance patch for a while (barring any critical problems found in the field) and there should not be another patch for another couple of months. Sorry for the inconverience that these two patches in relatively quick succession may have caused.

Comment

Chris

Thanks

Think we will stick with what we have and let the user upgrade as they see fit.

Then only major changes need to be accounted for

I would also appreciate you comments on the Themes.

http://www.e-commerce-aberdeen.com/acatalog

No brouchure section yet but we will add this if the NETQVars become available in the brouchure.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Themes are really nice.

I particularly like the 'fiber' themes and the 'dotty click 2 buy' one.

Comment

Originally posted by garyhay
          http://www.e-commerce-aberdeen.com/acatalog
          Brilliant site - just what is needed for people like me that can't write HTML. I use the default scheme in Actinic (because I like it) but it does make my site instantly recognisable as an Actinic site, having a library of affordable high quality themes is a real bonus. Well done Gary.

Cheers,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

All I need now is a hosting company that can make the digital download work as it should.

Thanks for the comments.
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
            X