Cat6 to Bus7 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat6 to Bus7 upgrade?

OK, I'm decided that, in order to get our Jesters site running properly, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade us from Catalog 6 to Business V7

Can I ask, would this move be considered an "upgrade" or would I effectively have to buy Business V7 outright? (not yet divulged to my husband how much that is )

If it could be considered an upgrade, does anyone have a ballpark figure how much it would be? (and can anyone quote me, offlist of course, for doing the upgrade, please sales@jesterstrickbits.co.uk (can't work out how to hyperlink that email address?))

Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

There's quite a debate on upgrades (such as catalog -> business) going on in another thread ( http://community.actinic.com/showthr...6&page=1&pp=15 ).

Please let us know if such an upgrade exists as actinic sales claims it does but can't seem to point us to the right page on their website.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I can go one better then!
      Having scouted around on the web (God bless Google..LOL) I found this
      http://www.actinic.co.uk/shop/acatal..._Upgrades.html
      I've been following the other thread (I am part of it, early on) with interest actually.
      I answered my own question anyway.. £625 +VAT for a Catalog (any version) to Business V7 upgrade.. in case anyone else wants to know
      Tracey

Comment

<cough>check out google for "end design actinic" </cough>

Couldn't see a 'business to developer' on actinics upgrade page though. And it seems to find this page you have to try and buy one of the other products before you can find a link to the upgrade page. Lousy navigation.

Mike

Comment

Just wondering why you aren't considering developer, as this will give you the option to add the 3rd site at no cost.

and may help you out when you are experimenting

Good Grief! I just checked out Mike's recomendation - with a site like that do they seriously expect to attract business

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            Just wondering why you aren't considering developer, :
            Who? Me?

Cost really, Jo.
            Am I right in assuming I'd be able to use the same "copy" of Developer on 2 machines? One running Business V7 and one running Catalog V7?
            It is something I considered but it's MUCH more expensive than just upgrading to Business V7 and God forbid I should ever need a third website!
            Never say never, I guess (it's not as if we didn't have 3 businesses) but I think Business is going to be the way to go...

Tracey (p.s I shall be emailing you, in time, about the upgrade from Cat6 to Bus7)
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
              <cough>check out google for "end design actinic" </cough>
              Mike
              Couldn't comment
              Tracey

Comment

Good Grief! I just checked out Mike's recomendation - with a site like that do they seriously expect to attract business
                No Comment either. They are a cheap place to buy actinic software and I first bought from them two or three years ago. They are still active though as I see their overture ads on Yahoo occasionally.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X