Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Design help for a complete beginner please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design help for a complete beginner please!

I am not particularly 'techie' but feel confident enough to create my own online shop with Actinic, however I do have a few very basic questions which I cannot find the answers to in the help guides.

I have downloaded the demo version and have looked at various themes, I have decided to use the 'Smart' theme.
    When I selected this theme it changed the appearance of the home page and the pages I'm working on, but if I preview the web pages offline and click on the 'Terms & Conditions' link or any of the other options from the top menu they are displaying with a previous theme I looked at not the Smart theme.

How can I get it so the theme on these pages and across the site is consistent?
    Is it easier to work from a clean template rather than the 'Smart' one?

What I would really like to do is start with a completely clean slate so I can do the site from scratch, how can I do this (purge content doesn't help me to get right back to the beginning).

Any help or advise you can offer me would be much appreciated, I'm still trying to get my head around this software!

Clear the history cache from your browser. Since the page names are the same in each theme, your browser is showing you its saved version instead of the current.

Alternatively, try Shift|F5 to refresh the page while the wrong one is open - I would go for the clear history option - just to make sure you get rid of ALL the problem pages at one time.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thanks for the quick reply...

Unfortunately after clearing the history, cache etc... it makes no difference, in preview when I go to Term & Conditions the terms display in the main frame with the background I want, but the top frame and left frame are in different colours with remnants of another frame... I cannot for the life of me find where I get this to display consistently.

Comment

Hi Alison

What the url for your site? I just want to check the issue.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
        X