Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expected Object error.

Hi!
    I have been spending the last couple of days trying to work out why I am getting "Expected Object" errors while previewing the current site I am working on with Developer.
    The errors pop up when ever I try and view a page that has items for sale on it.

Here is the error message I get :

Line 33
    Character 1
    Error Object Expected
    Code 0
    url p_p_index.html

I have looked at the source code and the error always comes from any line that has the following code on it :

document.write(GetAltPriceFromString('£69.99', 1.45675));

The number at the end changes but you get the basic idea....

The site I get the error on is www.auchterloniesofstandrews.co.uk when I go to view the shop.

If someone could help that would be great, otherwise I will have to contact tech support.

Owain.

I looked in both IE and Firefox. IE reported errors on page but no specific data. Firefox did NOT report problems.

I see the price is given in GBP followed by the letters EUR USD - this would indicate you have tried to set up pricing in three currencies but made errors while doing so. I would concentrate on the code you have added to do this.

On the Mizuno clubs, the description says there is a choice - but there is no option to select any choice - you need components/attributes - but you probably know this and just have not finished yet.

Antique clubs is just a blank page - again, you may not be finished.

Hope this is helpful,
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Using FF managed to get right through to the ProtX page with no errors

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I see erros on e.g. http://www.auchterloniesofstandrews....romotions.html

Someone has added JavaScript to your product price template that displays the price in Euro and Dollars. However the GetAltPriceFromString JavaScript function that is called doesn't exist.

You should find this bit of code and add it into the HEAD section of your Primary Template.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks, the problem is the client was actually making these changes and when I went to upload the site I got all these errors! I will have a look at what pricing details he has enabled and see if I can change it, the client has no java experience and so Im guessing Actinic has placed the code in due to something he has set.

Im guessing there is a check box in the settings somewhere to that allows you to decided what prices to show??? If there is can someone point in the correct direction just in case I dont find it?

I will keep you all updated

Thanks for your help.....again.

O.

Comment

I thought about removing the javascript, but it looks like actinic actually writes the javascript...what function would do this? I cant see any way of disabling it...

O.

Comment

This doesn't look like Actinic code. I would look in Act_ProductPrice.html, where there's usually no JavaScript.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks, I had a look at the file you said, compared it to another site that doesnt have errors and the site I was working on had javascript in it. Very strange....anyway, I removed the javascript and the site seems to be working fine now. Just going to upload it and test it. Fingers crossed that it will be solved now and I can sign the site over to the owners

O.

Comment

Working...
                X