OrderLock.num error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrderLock.num error

I've been in touch with a client this morning who has had a client for some years now and has never had any problems but over the last couple of hours has started getting problems with the OrderLock.num file.

As people are placing orders they getting a message

"Following error has been displayed to a customer: Error reading from
    ../acatalog/OrderLock.num ().

Invoice To:
    Full Name/Cardholder: Name
    Company:
    Address Line 1:
    Address Line 2:
    City/Town Town
    County/State/Province State
    Post Code/ Zip Code: Postcode
    Phone Number: Telephone
    Email Address: Email"

I've tried going through the step by step guides on the following link but nothing has worked as yet, can anyone else shed any light on the matter as the client is faily pissed off that his site is down over the weekend.

http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...s.html#aGC124a

His website address is www.gear4bikes.co.uk if anyone wishes to have a look.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as the guy seems to like shouting at me even though I didn't break it

Hope is a good thing, Not a bad thing, Maybe the best of things.

Hi Andrew

If this has suddenly started happening, and there is no change within the PC or software, then this would mean that something has changed on the server. Possibly you client has been upgraded/moved to another server. You could try deleting the backup.num and orderlock.num and the next time a client orders from the site, Actinic will generate this files again. However if the same error appears, then it means there are two users on your website. The FTPUser (which is what you use to upload) and another user (which is causing the problem).
    The following is what the hosting company has to be:

- Changing the user that runs the web server (e.g. Apache), Perl scripts, by default, are run as the same owner as the owner of the web server.
    Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
    X