Cart Details Section Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart Details Section Box

I would like to put a bit of extra text in the cart details section boc on the right hand side of my site. (smart theme). I have carried out this on the left hand side on the site defaults section within design|options but cannot seem to find out how to do this for cart details.

Thanks
    Joy

A bit more detail of what you want to do might help. I would expect a forum search on smart theme to bring up some of the previous threads - there is one about adding an "empty the cart" button into this area.

Basically, the 'boxes' on the left and right of the smart theme are tables contained within Act_Primary.html, and that is where changes are made.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I would just like to insert a comment regarding free P & P and minimum order value in the Cart Details section box in the right hand side of each page

Thanks
      Joy

Comment

Hi Joy,

This is quite an easy change to make. If you want it to be shown in both your brochure and store pages, you will need to make the change to both Act_Primary and Act_BrochurePrimary.

Within either of these scripts find the following code about two thirds down the script:

<tr>
        <td class="thinred2"><br>
        <table width="100" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">

<tr>
        <td> <div align="left"><span class="actxxsmall">
        <script language="JavaScript">
        document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;<BR>");

document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));
        </script>

Immediately below this, just add the text you require as follows:

<p>text here</p>

If you want it to be bold, change this to

<p><b>text here</b></p>

You can see the identical change on my website. I would also suggest that you add in a comment noting the change as it's always useful for the future to see what has been amended from the original Actinic scripts. The final additional code could look like this:

<!-- Change to Cart Details-->
        <p><b>Free Delivery</b></p>
        <!-- End of My Changes -->
        Best regards,
        Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
        Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

I found a good tip was to add the `view basket` and `checkout` buttons to this box, kind of keeps it all together...
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Thank you Susan, you are a star.

I appreciate the time you spend explaining things, armed with my html 4 dummies if feel confident to approach things once I know where to insert codes etc.

Regards
            Joy

http://www.craftsudo.co.uk
            Cardmaking & Scrapbooking for Everyone

Comment

No problem Joy - it's good to find a question here I can actually answer once in a while!! Good luck with the site. As a keen 'crafty' type I'll keep it in mind when needing supplies.

Hi George - I like the idea of moving the View Basket and Checkout buttons into this area. Think I'll add this to my never ending list of things to do.

Best regards,
              Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
              Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Working...
              X