Having trouble getting standalone demo of catalog up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble getting standalone demo of catalog up and running

I was wondering if anybody could help me as I have little experience in this area and have been struggling.

I have followed the advanced user guide in setting up perl, apache and warftp and have got through configuration, however when I test the connection a receive an error.

"An error occurred when trying to connect to the server. This can happen when the server is unreachable or you have set up an SSL server, but this server can not accept SSL connections, or Windows is confused about proxy settings. If you have Internet Explorer or another application configured to work with a proxy, the settings should be the same for Actinic. Please check your connection first."

1. As far as I know perl, apache and warftp are all on.

2. I’ve not personally set up any SSL stuff, so unless actinic does it automatically?

3. I haven’t got a clue how to check if the settings for the proxy and make them the same for actinic?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated and might stop me throwing my computer out the window.

Thanks.

It looks like Actinic cannot connect to War FTPd.

Try connecting from a comand prompt. Assuming you'r running XP.

1) Start / Programs / Accessories / Command Prompt. You now have a circa 1984 black window to type commands into so type

ftp localhost<enter>

You should now see a welcoming prompt from WarFTPd, ending in a prompt for "User:". If you don't get this then War FTPd isn't running or is being blocked by your firewall so fix that first.

Assuming you see the prompt type the user name you set up when installing. You will then be prompted for a password so enter that and report what happens.

If you type

?<enter>

you will get a list of available commands that WAR FTPd is waiting for.

pwd<enter>

would report the directory that you've logged in to.

quit<enter>

will get you out.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X