Sales Analysis Report not working for one site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales Analysis Report not working for one site

I'm trying to do a summary sales nalysis report for one of my sites (need the figures for my VAT return which my accountant is hassling me for!), but the reports aren't working...

They work fine for my smaller site, but for my larger site they just don't work. I can swap backwards and forwards between the sites - works, doesn't work, works, doesn't work, works etc etc which implies that the report engine hasn't crashed or whatever - it just doesn't like the larger site.

The fault is that when selecting 'print', 'preview' or 'printer setup' it displays the hours glass for a few seconds and then nothing happens - like i hadn't even pressed the button at all...

I've tried different combinations of the 'more options' and the same options as the other site but with no success - any ideas? It's only the sales analysis that doesn't work - all the others seem ok...
    John

Hello John,

It might just be being very very slow. If you don't get it to work you can probably get your VAT figures out of our One Stop Order Processing application (use the free trial - if you have already used up your free trial, drop me an email and I will send you over a new free trial license). You can find more information and download it from the URL below :

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...rocessing.html

When you have it set up a view (click on select columns) with the figures that you need, set up the dates as a filter then refresh the orders. Once you have the details in front of you, you can either right click a column to see the totals or print them (numeric columns are automatically totalled when you print).

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a go tonight if no-one else can figure out why the report doesn't work.

It shouldn't be slow - if I choose one of the other detailed reports then the window still pops up within a short time, and it then displays the pages it is processing (100+) in the top left before finally being ready. But the sales analysis is just doing a summary and doesn't even open the report window...
      John

Comment

If i had this error I'd probably reinstall the software

Comment

funnily enough this happened in v6, so I exported the site and imported it into the v7 eval version i have running and it does exactly the same thing...
          John

Comment

Hi John

Hmm if the same thing is happening on the evaluation version of 7, then it seems to be an issue with the database. Might i suggest in suggest in registering an email ticket on http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. They would require your snapshot.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

just 'compacted and repaired' the DB (from 135mb to 11mb!!!) but still getting the same problem...

this one report for this one site just won't work. the 'print', 'preview' and 'printer setup' buttons just don't do anything when this report is selected. All other reports and sites work...

Don't want to send the DB as it is full of confidential customer info etc...
              John

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
                Hi John

Hmm if the same thing is happening on the evaluation version of 7, then it seems to be an issue with the database. Might i suggest in suggest in registering an email ticket on http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. They would require your snapshot.

Kind Regards
                This problem is getting really inconvenient now, is there another way to fix this without sending a snapshot? Or any tests I can do on my machine to locate the problem? or a way of sending you only part of the database...?
                John

Comment

Try clicking on printer setup, Actinic stores the details of which printer to print on for each report for each site, make sure it is set to a valid printer.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I can't, printer setup is one of the buttons that doesn't do anything.

Maybe that is the probem though - it could be set to an old printer and that's screwing things up. Where is the printer setting stored (bearing in mind I can't change it from actinic)
                    John

Comment

That is almost certainly the answer then - if I was you I would just zap the lot of them (printer settings that is), this URL will tell you how to do that.

http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...33.html#aKB318

Regards,

Comment

Y E S !!!

That was exactly it. Finally! Result...

Now we're on a roll maybe we can fix the 2nd (now 1st) most annoying printing problem...

My dymo labell printer is set in windows to use 99014 shipping labels, everywhere the default label can possibly be set it is set to 99014. If I go into actinic, the file/print setup, it is still set to 99014.

But if I go to print labels (data entry report) it defaults to 30252 which is about half the size so it squishes my labels.

Normally it's not a problem as your automated mole doubry prints them automatically tot he correct size, but everytime i try to print manually I have to set the stupid label size.... now where is *that* setting held...?
                        John

Comment

Excellent.

You need to right click on an order and choose reprint data entry report, then click on print setup and then select that label size, print it and actinic should remember it then.

Regards,

Comment

nope. maybe it's remembered in the label (custom form) itself from the person that created and tested the form..? nudge nudge
                            John

Comment

Nope, checked that already, the report is setup to use 99014 by default :-)

Although the one I have here is for V6, thought you upgraded?

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X