Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

customer history / general enqiry

Hi there
    I am currently evaluating Actinic business. Trouble is I'm not sure if it has everything that i will need as i don't know what i'll need! I know it meets my basic requirements.
    Does it have customer history?
    Is there anything it does lack that i need to be aware of, but will only find out about once i'm up and running.
    Is it as good as it seems?
    How does it compare to say Os Commerce?

Is it not frustrating only being able to run it from one PC?

Any advanced wisdom is appreciated
    Thank you
    Cakes Cookies and Crafts Shop
    Cookie Cutters
    Cake Decorating Supplies
    Chocolate Making Equipment

is an online database and comes with many bits and pieces, whereas Actinic comes with some of the same and other bits and pieces that do not exist or not as well as OSC does.

No shopping cart covers everything that everyone will want, but Actinic has a long history of evolution with new and improved features being added or improved version on version.

Actinic does not come with an online account history as it does not include an online database, i.e. login and see previous orders etc etc, as orders are not left on the server once downloaded to the PC operating the site, likewise this is why you can not use it on lots of non-Actinic-installed PCs, as it uses the Db installed on the installation PC for maintenance and that and not an online database like mySQL.

What you might expect to be in Actinic and what you do not expect will differ vastly from someone else, so the best thing would be to look through the forum thread by thread (subject) to get a feel on what people have tried, triumphed with or had issues with to see how others operating live sites have come up against or overcome and happy with.

Not a straight answer I know, but difficult to say it will do what you want, when everyones idea of what they want/expect is different.

Comment

Definitely go for the Business version over the Catalog as the extra features in Business are very powerful and is the source of most Catalog owners anxiety in trying to find work arounds to the missing features

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X