Cookies & Extended Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookies & Extended Info

I have just been testing a site that uses customer login only and have received the following error message when clicking on the extended info text. The security settings on the browser are set to low so that isn't the problem.

This shopping application requires permission to use cookies on your machine, but this has been denied.
    This can be for several different reasons, but they are all under your control:

- you may have disallowed cookies altogether in your browser

- you may have the privacy policy in your browser or internet security software/firewall set to a level that stops cookies from being used by this shopping site

Cookies in this shopping application are used to keep track of your cart contents, remember names and addresses when you ask for them to be remembered and, when relevant, keep you logged on.

Cookies are not used in any way that abuses your privacy or security.

Please change your settings to allow cookies either in your browser or firewall. If you choose not to, I'm afraid that we cannot complete your request.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

I had that problem when I first installed Norton personal Firewall- but I changed the Privacy settings and everything then appeared to be fine.

Are you using Norton??

Pauline

Comment

No I removed my firewall on this pc a couple of months back

Comment

Owen,

do you use Outlook Express 6 ?

If so have a look at your settings under Tools/Options and Security tab and see if Restricted sites zone is selected.. If so change it to internet zone and see if that helps..

Bizarre I know but I have found that this causes problems with cookies.

If not - I don't know!!!

HTH

Pauline

Comment

OK I'll check it out tomorrow as I am now off to watch the Gunners stuff them mancs!

Comment

Check your network connection settings in My network Places then your connection security settings
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

The best thing would be to post the URL and a guest username and password for us to take a look.

I'm wondering whether it is a problem with 'third-party cookies' - i.e. your scripts are under one domain (e.g. an IP address) and the pages are under a different domain - although this normally only causes a problem when your store is in frames.

Comment

It seems to be a problem with my PC as I have checked it out on another PC and it works fine. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X