Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem adding Paypal as a transaction type when processing payments

Hi

We accept paypal on our site - it all works fine. The only slight niggle is that on the invoice, 'payment method' correctly says 'paypal', but 'payment type' automatically defaults to 'Credit card debit'. Whilst this doesn't actually affect anything, its incorrect and abit annoying - especially as I can't seem to do anything about it.

Is there anything I can do about this.

Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Hmm - was hoping this would be an easy one to fix. The lack of response would suggest not. Ah well.

Comment

I've brought this up before and nobody seemed to know what I meant so it didn't get a helpful response!

Perhaps Jo at Pinbrook or Jan (Mole end... do you take Paypal?) knows what we mean and can help?
      I'll try to source my original post about it (it was some time ago)
      Tracey

Comment

ok...after 25 minutes searching... found my original thread..

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ghlight=paypal
        Tracey

Comment

Thanks for going to so much trouble Tracey - I searched the forums, but obviously not hard enough!

Can anyone from Actinic help out with this as 10 months after Traceys original post the problem hasn't gone away. I'm happy to email a copy of an invoice to someone so that you can see exactly what I mean.

Nick

Comment

Hi there

The text "credit card debit" is actually referring to the transaction of the payment, not the payment method. Therefore the invoice will show a credit card debit, as you have taken the money away from the client via a use of a Payment service provider.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

Does that mean that I have something set up incorrectly, or is this just something I have to live with.
              I understand what you are saying, but it will still look wrong from the customers point of view.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Luddite
                but it will still look wrong from the customers point of view.

Nick
                I agree.
                While it might say Paypal further up on the invoice, it is very misleading to say "credit card debit" in the payment details section which is the most visible.
                Customers will be misled into thinking they've paid by credit card.
                Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey and Nick

I can see where you are coming from and from the customer point of view as well, i will put this to the development team as a wishlist to change the information around.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem.

Comment

There is no way to correct this using out of the box Actinic.

You could change the invoice to correct the payment status fields for paypal statements. You would need a copy of crystal reports 8.5 to do this or you could employ a consultant to do this for you (we can do custom report changes).

If you don't want to do this then you could change the text that is displayed on the report to be something that would work for paypal and for credit cards, maybe 'debit'. You can do this on design text on the order processing reports tab, just search for credit card debit (and maybe credit card credit) and change the text.

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                      X