Site Map Meta Discription & Keywords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Map Meta Discription & Keywords

Can anyone tell me how to add Description & Keywords meta tags to the sitemap page(V6). I am using the NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERMETA in the Primary template, but although this works fine on product and section pages, it produces nothing on the sitemap page.

Toby@happyharris.co.uk

The NETQUOTEVARs are not accessible from every page generated within the site.

A means to an end would be to create your own Meta Tags in the Default Overall Layout manually, which does not rely on NETQUOTEVAR information you want to collect from the sections and product pages etc...

Comment

Thanks for the response. I must say that as the site map is so important to search engines, I’m surprised that this is the only way to incorporate Description & Keywords meta tags. The idea of adding manual meta tags to the primary template would unfortunately add unnecessary bulk to every page within my site and may even be seen by search engines as an attempt to abuse their algorithms - with possible negative results..... Anyone got any other ideas ??????

Toby@happyharris.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X