Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed to move Actinic Store to new server

Hi All,

One of my customer currently has an actinic website hosted on one of my servers.

However I am in the process of dropping this server and need to move everything to a new one and that includes this store.

Could you tell me what the process would be to do so.

The site payment processing is hosted on Actinic shared SSL.

I thought the simplest way would be to go in the access db and changes whatever settings for the old server that were in there (ie. ip / ftp ; username ; password)

I just wondered if there is anything that needs to be done regarding the shared SSL?

Am I missing anything?

Cheers

Leo

Hi there

To move the client to another server, they would simply go to "Advance | Network Setup". Put in the new ftp details and new url then you can upload it to another server.
    Would the url change when it fully resolved? If so, then you may need to get in touch with Actinic, as they would need to put change this on our system for Actinic SSL.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

hi nadeem,

I have designed the site with developer and exported it without the network modif capabilities for their catalog.

That's wy I thought of playing with the access db. Could you tell me what table(s) and what filed(s) that I should modify?

cheers

Leo

ps the url will remain the same

Comment

Hi Leo,

Ohh i see, open the "ActinicCatalog.mdb" and go into the [setup2] table. Here is where you will change the details.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Cheers

Leo

Comment

nadeem,

one more question, I thought of using the actinic interface in order to set up the new settings (less risks of me doing anything wrong).

Could you tell me where in the db is the setting to enable the network modif.

Cheers

Leo

Comment

Hi Leo

This is done in the registry, not the database. If you would like to know this information, then please email me on communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk, referring to this thread.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X