Uploading to website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading to website

Hi I hope someone will be able to help me. When uploading my website everything starts as normal until it gets to the uploading indices section it scans through and then stops uploading without giving any error message.

I can not up date my website because of this.

Please someone help

David

Is this an existing site that you're trying to update or a new site? If the former there might be a problem with your hosting server, try connecting to it via ordinary FTP if you can and make sure that is working okay.

Also check your settings in Advanced, Network Setup.. you'll find an FTP section. There's also a wizard don't forget which will help you setup everything, that is also in the Network setup.. area it's second from the bottom, incidentally, try the test button at the bottom of Network Setup to see if there are any problems.

If all else fails I would go into the Backup section of Housekeeping and restore my database.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be along shortly to confirm or enhance my answers.

Good Luck
    "There is do and there is not do, there is no try" Yoda

Comment

David,

Are you using Norton firewall?. If so, try turning it off and uploading again. You might have to do a Refresh (Web|Refresh Website) rather than an a simple update.

Regards,
      Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
      Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Hi

If you are using Win xp with SP2 you may have to ensure an exception is created within the firewall options there too.......

Comment

Working...
        X