Different shipping cost for items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different shipping cost for items

I currently have certain items on my site which use total weight as a calculation for shipping costs and certain items which should be charged seperately at a fixed shipping cost. How do I set it up so that when someone orders, the shipping costs calculated are the total weight cost for some items plus the cost for the shipping on the fixed shipping items.
    Vince

Originally posted by Vince
    I currently have certain items on my site which use total weight as a calculation for shipping costs and certain items which should be charged seperately at a fixed shipping cost. How do I set it up so that when someone orders, the shipping costs calculated are the total weight cost for some items plus the cost for the shipping on the fixed shipping items.
    Vince
    For the items that ship by weight, go into the Product details "details" tab and select the ship seperately check box. This should allow shipping charges to be calculated on the items whose weight varies but keep the fixed shipping costs.

I will bow to greater knowledge though, I'm only a beginner.
    "There is do and there is not do, there is no try" Yoda

Comment

I ended up using a bit of a cludge. Since the products in general wiegh in the 10's of kilo's, I set the fixed priced products to ship seperately and wiegh 1000Kg and set the 1000Kg ship price at a fixed price. Works fine now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

ah! the other way round works, I'll remember that. Glad it's sorted Vince, unusual surname BTW.
        "There is do and there is not do, there is no try" Yoda

Comment

Working...
        X