Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple quantities per product

Hi,
    On a clothing site I am working on I want to allow the user to input a quantity against each size option, so they could order 4 size small, 5 size medium and 10 size large of the same product.
    Is this possible without having to buy each size as a seperate product? It would make the process very long if they have to repeat the steps for each size?

Many thanks,
    Claire

Are all sizes same price? And what's the range of possible order quantities (Min and Max expected)?

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Are all sizes same price? And what's the range of possible order quantities (Min and Max expected)?

If these are definable I've a Perl hack that will allow you to select the quantities for each variation from a drop down list and have all these summed when adding to the cart.

Alternatively could that product be the only item on the page?

If so you could use the Quantity on Product Page option along with Single Add to Cart button option. Have a single main product (with my lovely Image Map for all the logos). And below that have all the other sized products. The trick here would be comment out nearly everything in the product template for the other sized products leaving just a description of the Size and the quantity box.

Norman

Comment

Hi Norman,
        Yes sizes are all the same price, prices go down as more are ordered if you know what I mean.
        The minimum per Product is 4 for most things, 12 for t-shirts.
        But that can be made up of 1 small, 2 medium and 1 large.
        Maximum I imagine would be 500.

There is only 1 product per page too.
        I am using Quantity on Product Page option along with Single Add to Cart button option, looking at your suggestion about :

The trick here would be comment out nearly everything in the product template for the other sized products leaving just a description of the Size and the quantity box.

I have tried to have more than 1 quanity box on a product page but it's giving an error, you can see it on the temp site:
        http://www.uni-graphics.com/acatalog/test.html

I tried using a seperate attribute for each size and put a quantity box beside it. Is that what you were thinking off?
        Regards
        Claire

Comment

I'm not sure what you're doing but your generated code contains
          Code:
          input type="text" size="10" name="Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE2" value
          So somethings not being done right. I'd have to see your ProductLine template to tell what you're doing.

My suggestion re single add to cart means that you should Create a single product for the smallest size put this size as part of it's name. this is fully displayed with options / image map etc. On this product move the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY to the very bottom of the display so it will appear near the following products.

Now create more products, one for each additional size (put the size as part of the name). Use same price as first one. This product doesn't need any attributes as we'll use the ones selected for the first product. For each of these use a product template that comments out everything except the Name and NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY.

Norman

Comment

Just had a (rare) thought. What if customer only wants to buy one size and that isn't the one with all the attributes, etc. I guess that you could still use the single add to cart per page, make the first product with all the attributes zero cost. Modify its quantity to be hidden and fixed at 1 so it's always "bought", and have all the subsequent products for the sizes.

Another way. I do have some Perl mod's that allow you to have a group of attributes name "Qty <anything>" with a numeric set of Choices. All these choices get summed and passed to the cart as the actual quantity. However this only works if your sub-quantities are choices (in drop down list) and you have rather a wide range of possible quantities. The numbers in the choices list don't have to be sequential. You could have 0,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,15,20,30,40...100,200,300.. etc. Might make a horribly long list in your case.

Norman

Comment

Hi Norma,
              There dosen't seem to be an easy solution. I am trying to make it as simple as possible and already the page is too long!
              I have changed the reference number on the quantity input box so I think that is ok now.
              I am using CUSTOMVAR:QUANTITY as I want the minimum to be 4.
              I am still getting an error, it says:
              Quantity: The quantity must be a whole number between 4 and 32767.

But I am getting a quantity message on the other products too, when you add to shop basket it brings up a message on the top saying:
              Quantity: The quantity must be a whole number between 4 and 32767. So I must have somthing set in the defaults that is doing this.

I think a table like the one on:
              http://www.uni-graphics.com/acatalog/test.html would be fine if I could get it to work.
              Regards
              Claire

Comment

My way won't make the page any bigger. It will just move the Quantity boxes to below everything else and to just above the single add to cart button. Seems a sensible place for them to me.

Once you've got that working you could then consider hiding those products and using your own code for the quantity boxes. At that point you could place them where you like.

As to what you're doing wrong there are still things like Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE6 on your generated page. You havn't got a quantity box for the actual product anywhere so that's why the script is telling you there's no count.

You'd have to post the template you are using so I can see what you're doing. Also post a screen shot of that section of the catalog product tree (with everything expanded).

Norman

Comment

Hi Norman,
                  I am attaching a gif showing test product, I dodn't expand the logos and colours as they would be too long.

I am using Act_ProductLinequant.html.

I have CUSTOMVAR:QUANTITY in 3 times for the 3 sizes, and the Q_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE6 is supposed to be in the text field so I'll know which size they have chosen.

I'll try your suggestion from earlier, is it correct that I make a product for each size, and display all of them in the 1 section, and use a different template for the sizes with everything out except the quantity and the product name?
                  I'll give that a go in the morning.

Thanks,
                  Claire

Comment

Don't know if last attachment went through, here is html
                    Claire

Comment

Hi Claire,

No attachment. You should either rename it to a .txt or zip it as the forum doesn't seem to like .html attachments (some security paranoia I think).

Norman

Comment

Working...
                      X