Editing Templates - HELP!!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Templates - HELP!!!???

I am having difficulty editing ANY templates in my Actinic catalog.

I’ve tried reading the manuals – both the User Guide and the Advanced Guide – and following the directions to Advanced | Template Manager and

I’ve tried going through the Template Manager to edit the extended info file (info_ShippingAdvice.html) that is stored in the following location
    C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1\SiteHTML

But I can’t get the right bit to open up to allow me to edit it and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong! I get error messages:

The specified file for the template editor was not found.
    Please check the command line.

OR

The .EXE file specified for the template editor is not valid (non-win32.EXE or error in .EXEimage)
    Please edit the command line.

When I click OK on either of these error messages it brings up the Template Editor box and asks me to put the file name in the command line. – I use the browse facility to find the file I’m looking for, but this doesn't work either.

Have I messed something up and broken it? or am I just doing it wrong.

Please help - thanks.

Don't pack up for Easter yet - it's only Noon!
    Kerri

In the Template Manager popup there is an "Editor..." button where you specify the editor program that you want to use. This is the full path to the editor .EXE file followed by a space and "%s" (without the quotes).

To edit the templates you have to edit the Act_xxxx.html files in your Site1 folder. The files in the SiteHTML folder are the end result generated by Actinic.

Don't forget that some of the HTML and other elements are specified via the Design Text popup window.
    Chris Brown

Comment

Working...
    X