Mixing fixed shipping and Weight Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixing fixed shipping and Weight Shipping

I'm trying to have 2 different methods of calculating shipping costs and would like some help. A certain selection of my products are calculated using the total weight method with a cost table in the system.

Another selection of my products have a fixed charge for shipping. I originally put in a artificial weight of 1000KG on these products and put the fixed cost in the weight table for 1000kg. I then clicked the ship seperately button and when a mixed order comes in, it works fine.

The problem arrises when a mixed order comes in where there is multiple of the fixed items, and there should be one fixed shipping cost for these items, irrelevant of how many there are, not a fixed shipping price for each one.

Example:
    ITEM 1, 2, 3 - done by weight
    ITEM 4, 5, 6 - Fixed shipping cost say £5

Order
    Item 1,2,4,5,6 - Total shiping should be weight of Item 1,2 Plus £5 (not £15)

Hope this is clear,

Vince

Any help out there with this?
    Vince

Comment

Hi Vince

I can't see a way of doing this I'm afraid. Actinic will only goes by what you have written within the shipping grid. You cannot restrict it to one shipping only.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Are you using Catalog or Business - if Business, can you do something with product groups and surcharges?

No known way in Catalog.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I'm using business. I will try playing with product groups and discounts on groups. Thanks for your help.
          Vince

Comment

Working...
          X