Single Sheet Product Brochure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Sheet Product Brochure

Does anyone know how or if there is a plugin for actinic that allows the shopper to print off a single page brochure which has the product picture, description and pricing. Preferably in a viewable/printable format (pdf).
    Vince

Hi Vince,

There may be another easier way in which Actinic will do this (semi)automatically - I don't know, but here's one method to do it manually.

Set up your pdf files, put them in site1 and add them to Advanced | Additional Files to get them uploaded to your web site.

In Product Details, add some code similar to below within the full description of a product:

<a href="test_description.pdf" target=_blank>download product details</a>

where test_description.pdf is the associated pdf file you have created.

When the customer clicks on this link, the pdf file will open for viewing or printing.

Hope this helps,
    Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
    Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Susan,
      Thanks for that. The real issue is the production of these PDF's. I wanted to know if there was an easy way of using the data and gif's for the products to generate this product spec sheets without having to make each one up manually.
      Thanks,
      Vince

Comment

Creating the PDF in the first instance is the issue there - I have not personally seen a plug in / tool to convert pages to a PDF from Actinic. If the site is relatively static you could convert the HTML pages to PDF

This thread also covers printable content http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=14969

You can always design the site to fit a printable width but this would compromise funtionality and cramp layout etc

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X