cgi-bin using fasthost's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cgi-bin using fasthost's

I'm trying to upload to fasthosts on a linux server for the first time and keep getting the following error.

'Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.'

I am currently using settings from the fasthost support site and have turned off my firewall and antivirus software as i have read in other posts.

Does anyone know the reason for this or have any idea what i need to change.

Thanks
    Olly

I have managed to get round this problem by allowing scripts on through fasthosts.
    Since then i have managed to update the site and refresh the site without any problems.
    Without making any changes or even closing actinic i am now getting the following error:

An error occured while sending the merge request.

this is the only message i get and i now have no idea how to fix the problem.

Any help would be great

Thanks
    olly

Comment

A search on "merge request" will throw up a hosts of suggestions as this is a common fault

Comment

Domain name registration

Would i get this error if i am still waiting for domain name i am uploiading to, to be regestered?

I wouldn't expect the site to load with thte domain name in this status but i also wouldn't expect the site to load as far as it does when i refresh the site in Actinic.

Thanks for your help

Olly

Comment

if the domain isn't registered, then the url yourdomain.co.uk/cgibin doesn't exsist, therefore you will get errors on upload

Comment

Working...
          X