Multiple components with 1 attribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple components with 1 attribute

Hi, I am making some new additons to my site. Some of the new products have a standard base and a component top that has mulitiple choices, to make it more complex there is a colour choice that needs apply both to the base and top. Is there anyway I can use just one drop down box that will select both components colours and another that will select the type of top I require?

If you take a look at the example products under "add ons" this shows multiple drop down boxes.

Against each product you would have a drop down component box for "colour" with choices (blue, red, black) and then a second component box for the "type" of top with choices (long sleeve, crew neck)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Unfortunatly if I try that I get 2 seperate drop downs so the furniture we sell could have a differnt colour top to base! What I need is 1 drop down box that will effect the pernumitations on 2 seperate components...

Comment

So you always need to sell a black base with a black top but with a choice of black top styles?

You can code a dynamic list for the top choices which is generated depending on the first list choice but this could get very messy with the Actinic program. A simple solution would be to have a different prooduct for each of the base colours and then one drop down list for the top styles eg:

Product : Black Base 1
        Options : Top style A in black, Top style B in black

Product : Red Base 2
        Options : Top style A in red, Top style B in red

This would then prevent people buying a black base with a red top

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thats a solution I thought of but since we have 4 colours (5 if you include non-painted! ) it makes for very long product lists which i want to avoid.
          How do I code a dynamic list in Actinic? Is this opening a catering sized can of worms?

Comment

Hi Mark

I'm afraid that the Actinic software is a static software, it does not upload a database which is needed for a dynamic list I'm afraid. Within Actinic you would need to list all the choices.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X