Duplicate product error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate product error

We're having a problem with duplicate products. When we upload to the site the duplicate appears correctly. However, if you try to add it to your basket you get the following error message (shown above the product description):

"The following product(s) can not be added to the cart.
    You can find the error description(s) by following the link(s).
    [hyperlink:Product name]"

Hovering over the link shows this in the IE status bar:
    javascript:location.hash='aEMOO3';void O

But the link does not take you anywhere! Can anyone help?
    ActiveStock
    On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
    **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

We hoped this might be due to something simple like the "Can be ordered online" box not being ticked, but no luck there. Has anyone got any ideas?
    ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
    Free 30 Day Trial
    ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Try refreshing your site, it sounds as if something is not quite right on your website.

Regards
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan, thanks for your advice.

I have just created a product duplicate and then refreshed the website but I am still getting exactly the same error message. I've tried different products in different sections and they all get the same error when you go to add the product to your cart, even though the product appears correctly on the site. I also tried creating a duplicate using 'new product duplicate' and also using 'copy' and then 'paste as duplicate'....

Any ideas????

Thanks!
        ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
        Free 30 Day Trial

Comment

Hi Richard

For the original products reference, do you have either of the following format, 6.1 or 6-1? If so please could you change it for test purposes and try again. There is a bug regarding this which has just been found and i wonder if its the same one as yours.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem

We don't use any punctuation in our product refs - they all take the form eg:
            EM0001, HC0002 etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is really causing us some difficulties, we are currently having to duplicate products by using different ref numbers and this means that the stock control is non-existent and it's getting very confusing!!!

Thanks

Richard
            ActiveStock

ActiveStock website
            Free 30 Day Trial

Comment

Hi Richard

How very strange. I would suggest in registering a ticket with Support on http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm or contact them on 0845 129 4848. They would need your snapshot to investigate.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X