forgive me for being dim..lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forgive me for being dim..lol

Probably a glaringly obvious question (well, answer!)

I've just purchased an upgrade from Catalog to business (thanks to the current special offer... VERY nearly bought it yesterday morning before the offer came on.. I'd have been well peeved!)
    Quesiton is... how do I do it?
    I currently have (on my recently formatted laptop) version 6.1.5 catalog with a partially designed website (am holding off doing more til its up on business)
    I'm upgrading from 6.1.5 catalog to 7.0.4 business.
    Question is... how?
    Do I just run (I assume Actinic will send me a 7.0.4 disk?) the business 7 disk and will it ask me if I'm upgrading?
    Will the software just do a straight upgrade from cat 6 to bus 7?

Also, another related but different question.
    I currently use CAT 7 on the PC for Budget Bumps. I'm not planning to run business 7 and catalog 7 on the same computer as that won't work for us form an order retrieval point of view so we have one on each.

BUT....
    When we're "on the move" (vacation or whatever) we want to run BOTH on one laptop. I know I can do this by switching between sites in the version 7 installation, right?

Thing is, as I've always had one on V6 and one on V7, and they are both running side-by-side on the PC at present.

And, they're BOTH called Site1.

If I want to run V7 switching sites between the cat7 and bus7 site, presumably I will need to rename one of them?
    If so, how do I go about that? How many places am I going to have to rename the new website as something else (site2?) or is there one main place to do it?

The second (soon to be business 7) website isn't live yet so, while it is uploaded for test purposes, it doesn't matter if it needs renaming, I'm just unsure how to go about it!

So, upgrading from Cat6 to Bus7 and site names... can anyone help?
    thanks!!
    Tracey

Hi Tracey

If you have another key which you want to upgrade your version 6 to, then you would need to licence a new site in "Files | Sites | Licence New Site". Call it "Site2" or whatever you will like and put the new key in. You would then activate that site, and import the version 6 snapshot into that site. To switch over the sites, you would just go into "File | Sites" and switch between two sites.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

OK..that kind of answered my question.

So, how do I RENAME a site from site1 to site2?
      I already have a version of Cat 6 and cat 7 running, both with site1 named sites.
      I'm going to want to run these 2 on one software installation of V7 (one business, upgraded from Cat6, and one catalog7) and they need to be named differently.
      I want to rename my currently Cat6 website (called site1) as "siteJ". How do I go about that?
      Cheers
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Okay... you don't need to rename any sites. Both version of Actinic are separate, so they do not conflict with one or the other.
        To run both sites on Version 7, you simply need to create a new site and called it "Site2".
        Once you have activated that site, you simply need to export a version 6 snapshot, and import it into "Site2". This will put all the information from v6 to v7. That’s it.

Now you have two sites in Actinic v7, and you can remove version 6 from your PC, if you so wish.

I hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

I think that's clear.
          Will it affect anything if a site called site1 on one computer is called site2 on another and I'm exporting/importing snapshots between them?
          I'll have BB (cat7) running on the main PC and JTB (bus7) on the laptop to begin with.
          When we go away, I'll want BB importing onto the laptop Actinic installation. WIll it matter than it will then become site2?
          I'm guessing not but thought I ought to check!
          Cheers Nadeem (you're busy on the forums this morning!!)
          Tracey

Comment

Hi there

Cheers Nadeem (you're busy on the forums this morning!!)
            I know, but the forums is getting quiet (Seems to be holiday season now )
            There is an outstanding bug which is going to be fixed in 7.1.0 (As it needs a database fix). Which is when you importing into another site name, which you have said in the previous post, when you upload, it does not fully upload all the scripts. You simply need to go into "Help | Troubleshooting | Website Purge and Refresh" and make sure the perlscript are ticked. Its only for the first time when you import a snapshot and then you upload.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X