Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing from internal id to product ref?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing from internal id to product ref?

the name sums it up, I'm a 'CompleteRookie' when it comes to Actinic but . . .
    I can play with Access !
    so, when I started, I created all my products with the internal-id automatically created (numbered 1,2,3. . .)- at the time, I didn't understand the implications (I do now)

Now, wev'e had a re-think (told you I was a complete rookie) we want to create "Product-Refs" as real codes eg "BR12345"

To get over the problem, I created CustomVars:ProductRef

so far, I have NEVER placed an order, all I have done is created real products etc.

so the question is, which fields do I have to change to swap the internal id from an automatic ID over to our own product-ref's

I've already sent off an email to Chris Dickens for the datbase schema !

My guess is that I'm going to get the answer - "sorry no can do" - but at least I asked.

kev

The HTMLVariables table contains your Custom Property definitions. nVariableID
    identifies your Custom Property.

The ProductProperties table use sProductRef as the product reference and a nType of 3 indicates a custom property, and nValue1 matches with the nVariableID for your custom property.

The Product table uses Product reference to contain the main product reference.

HOWEVER - The product reference is used in so many tables that changing it via an access query would probably be impossible.

It would be much better to change them (but hard work if you've lots) via the Actinic program.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X