Actinic MU v7 Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic MU v7 Bug?

We've recently upgraded to the latest Actinic MU build (FFUA) which has shown definite improvements in processing and data handling speed but we have also seen examples where catalog changes have been made, and then within a couple of days the changes have reverted back to their previous settings.

Earlier on we put this down to user error but it has happened twice more over the weekend where prices have been changed on the Friday and then when i've come back to work on the Monday the price has reverted to their original prices, also I added attributes to one product (additional colours for an ink cartridge), uploaded and then tested the changes only for them to have disappeared from the catalog over the weekend.

I realise that we are part of a small minority of users using Actinic MU but if there is anyone out there who have experienced similar problems then please make us aware so that we can prove to ourselves that we are not going crazy!!

Cheers,
    Simon
    www.svp.co.uk

Hi Simon

Are you getting this problem with standard products, or product duplicates?

Comment

Hey James,

The particular example that I gave was for a product (printer ink) that is duplicated in other sections of the site, of course you can only change the price on the orginal and not the duplicated product. I'm pretty sure though that this has also happened for products that aren't duplicated.

Any ideas?

Comment

James,

Sorry to hijack this thread....

How do I go about getting the latest version? We're still on FCBA.

Phil

Comment

Just to confirm the problem...

I've changed the site again this morning and within a couple of hours it has lost the changes that I made.

To recap: I added colour options on one of our ink cartridges by creating a new attribute named "Ink Colour: Make your choice." and added choices of Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow. I did make the changes on our secondary 'live' computer rather than on the chief data processing machine in our office but this is not abnormal and we haven't had problems like this in the past.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this as obviously it would look to management like i'm not doing my job when they're pointing out changes that need to be made!!

We've recently migrated onto a new server which is set up for use with the latest build of Actinic (our hosting company were having difficulties setting up the server using the previous Actinic MU build - so we may be unable to roll back to a previous Actinic version)

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by svpcomm
            To recap: I added colour options on one of our ink cartridges by creating a new attribute named "Ink Colour: Make your choice." and added choices of Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow. I did make the changes on our secondary 'live' computer rather than on the chief data processing machine in our office but this is not abnormal and we haven't had problems like this in the past.
            Could you just confirm that this product does/dosent have any product duplicates?

The only reason I ask, is becuase there is a current bug within the latest version of Multi User with regards to update/changing attributes when the product has duplicates.

Comment

Sorry James, yes that particular product does have duplicates in two other sections.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this bug or is it a 'wait and see in the next realease' type?

Simon

Comment

Its does sound very similar to the bug that has already been reported, which has been noted and due to be fixed in the next release.

I will forward this thread onto our development team as another report of this bug.

Comment

That's nice to know James thanks... but do you have any idea when this next release is going to occur? Are we talking a few days or a few weeks as this will affect any decisions we make when deciding how to deal with this problem.

Cheers,
                  Simon

Comment

I would suggest while you wait for a resolution for this issue that you take a hierarchical export of your catalog details after making any significant changes so that you can easily restore them if the problem occurs.

Regards
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Simon

The fix for this should be out after 7.0.5 has been released which is due shortly.

The next MU update will be available after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X