Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use of components?

Hi,
    I want to track the details of how a product is made but I don't want the end user to see any details. - this way, I can keep all the information in one place.
    example, a bent piece of chrome tube is made up of:
    • Purchase tube from xyz ltd
    • get tube bent by abc ltd
    • get bent tube chromed by fgh ltd

I've been playing but I can't see any easy "correct??" method of doing this,

so far I created a product for sale on the web called "a bent chromed tube", gave it a price, product code etc etc

next I created a component for that product called "obtain tube from xyz ltd" and deleted the Html-Name for that component and gave it a price

next I created a component for that product called "get tube bent by abc ltd" and deleted the Html-Name for that component and gave it a price

lastly I created a component for that product called "chrome tube by fgh ltd" and deleted the Html-Name for that component and gave it a price

when I view the page, it shows the "total product" as I designed it, and there is NOTHING else shown.

so the question is - "am I doing this correctly" or is them some hidden agenda with Components that's going to come back and bit me later. if I'm not doing it correctly, whats the correct way please.

kev

Hi Kev

From what you have written i see no problem with this. Some people create components so they can be an optional extra, and also be linked to an associated product which may be hidden on the site.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

thats what I needed to hear.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X