Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply surcharges to individual products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I apply surcharges to individual products?

Hi - I have a clients site that sells car parts - The Porscheshop - and he has a requirment to apply surcharges against certain products.

I want to be able to add a surcharge against individual products regardless of cart value. This surcharge is refundable to the customer when they return the original part.

Currently I manually do this by including the surcharge within the overall price and informing the customer of this. Unfortunately this causes problems in the back office accounting system when issuing credits.

Does the Business V7.0 discounts/surcharges function allow me to do the above?
    Regards
    David

Hi Froogle - that sounds like a good idea - I think that I'll give that a go.

For my peace of mind, an anyone confirm that it cannot be done using the the Actinic discounts/surcharges feature?
    Regards
    David

Comment

I don't think its possible to apply a surcharge to a specific product or group of products, only to the overall cart value. Neither can you give a product group a 'negative discount' to achieve the same effect. Your best bet would be to create each surcharge as a component and attach it to the product.

Comment

Working...
      X