Error when adding to basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when adding to basket

I'm testing out my new site, and I get an error everytime I try and add something to the shopping basket, which says:

The following product(s) can not be added to the cart.
    You can find the error description(s) by following the link(s).
    Pet Tents

the link doesn't give you any more information, just takes you to that product.

Any ideas why this is?

Can be viewed at:
    http://puddle-computing.co.uk/acatalog/

TIA

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

you appear to have unusually high values >1000kg in SHIPPING_OPAQUE?

Comment

Thanks for the reply - we do have some products which are very heavy - but nothing is 1000kg - all weights are in grams as specified on product details page.

The weights don't seem to make any difference with the error of adding to cart - I chose a produt that had a weight of 1g and still got the error.

Katy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

Place the following variable into your product layout template:

NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXML

This is the variable for the product-specific error message, and it will hopefully give you more information about what has gone wrong.

Comment

Thanks Chris - I added that variable.

Now when I try to add something to the shopping basket, get the error message, the link says:
          Select Shipping Destination - Please select a country.

- but all I'm doing is trying to add to basket, not actually order!

Any suggestions?

TIA

Kathy
          Kathy Newman

Comment

Sorry to re-post, but any more ideas about this one?

TIA

Kathy
            Kathy Newman

Comment

If I were in your situation, I'd go through all the changes made recently to catalog and undo them.

I assume the site worked at some stage.....replace all the templates you have changed since the site worked and work forwards from there

Slow and painful.......... but it does sound as if the problem may be due to something you have done, rather than an actinic issue

Comment

Jo - the site has never worked - this is a new site and I'm trying to test it before it goes live.

It looks like the template route is how I'm going to have to go - so annoying!

Kathy
                Kathy Newman

Comment

I would use your existing mdb file you have and place it in a brand new layout, and test.

Comment

Ok, I replaced all the templates I had amended with the originals, and when uploaded I still got the add to cart error - so it appears that the problem is not related to my amending the templates.
                    - the error is:
                    The following product(s) can not be added to the cart.
                    You can find the error description(s) by following the link(s).
                    product name
                    When you click on the link it takes you to that product with additional message of:
                    Select Shipping Destination - Please select a country.

I then copied back in the original Actinic Example Database and uploaded, and add to cart worked fine.

I therefore summise that it is a problem with my database!

The database is a snapshot of my current live site (v4) which was then imported into my new V6 (developer) site - according to the instructions.

Quite alot of products have been deleted, and lots have been added and lots of amendments made - so I am VERY keen to resolve the problem with this database, rather than importing again.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong in the database?

Thanks

Kathy
                    Kathy Newman

Comment

Kathy

I think you have got 'Request Location Infomration Early' ticked in 'Business Settings | Ordering'. You need to untick this. It may, however, be greyed out so you cannot untick it.

What you need to do is change the shopping mode for the entire store to 'Quantity on Confirmation Page'. You will then be able to untick 'Request Location Information Early' and then put all your shopping modes back to how they were.

Comment

Thanks for that Chris, but having found the "Quantity on confirmation Page" option that's grey'd out too!!

How do we enable that one?

Thanks.
                        Kathy
                        Kathy Newman

Comment

Got the solution from support! We had to change one of the flags in the database as both options were greyed out - hopefully this will now work - in process of doing a refresh (takes ages!).

Thanks everyone for their help.

Kathy
                          Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
                          X