Problem upgrading to V7.0.4.. very urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem upgrading to V7.0.4.. very urgent

Sorry for the multiple posting but I didn't want one quesiton to get lost in the other's post!

I'm trying to upgrade my sites to V7.0.4 (seeing as they're on different versions of V7 anyway on each computer, I figured they might as well both end up on the latest one)

So, downloaded 7.0.4 patch (was on 7.0.2)
    Installed etc...all seemed fine

Restarted Actinic and got following error message

An error occurred while preparing to copy the theme files from C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Backup v7.0.2.0.0.0.ELCA\Themes\ACTBKPSite1\. Please correct the problem and reselect the theme.

Have no idea what to do or what it means?!!

Clicked "OK" to that and got the attached error (which may or maynot be related, of course!)

Now I can't get my installation to load up at all.... which is a BIG problem!
    Anyone know what I need to do?
    Why do I do these things "out of hours" (coz it's the only time I get chance with both kids at home!) when there's no support about!

Any advice very gratefully received, of course!
    Cheers
    Tracey

Ok lesson 1 - don't try to do both sites at once!!

concentrate on BB.

Reinstall 7.02 and re-import the snapshot to get this site running again.

Then go to bed

Comment

LOL
      yeh, learnt the hard way.
      Just put my little un to bed and it occurred to me it'd have been easier to instal 7.0.2 on the laptop so I decided to do just what you have suggested.

BUT... I don't have it.
      I only have a 7.0.1 disk and do not have a patch for .0.2
      I can't find a 7.0.2 download which is what I really need right now so I can reinstall and import.If I'd had a 7.0.2 disk or full download in the first place, I'd have just installed that on the laptop.

anyone know where I can get a full download of it?
      I'm in dire straits!!
      Tracey

Comment

I've got a 30.9 Meg file of 702elca - if no one else can help I can FTP that onto your server or mine - we can sort that out on email.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I've emailed you the 702 patch (6mb)

It will be worth contacting Nadeem before attempting to go to 704, as I think this may be related to the error we had a while ago with themes on the 701 to 702 patch.

You should be able to get 702 running again though

Comment

Thanks Jo. Hopefully all will go smoothly from 7.0.1 to 7.0.2 (hahahaha!)
            I did manage a successful import of my 702 snapshot into 703 (more's the surprise!) but it's throwing up upload errors and I can't download an order I have up there (eek!)
            (luckily, I do know what it was for and I do have the customer details in my Protx email!)
            I'm trying one last thing then I'll dig out the 701 disk and reinstall...again...

Bill,
            Thanks for your offer of the full 7.0.2. Knowing my history for upgrading/patches, I may need it yet!
            Thanks!!
            Tracey

Comment

For full versions

http://support.actinic.com/versions/

for otherstuff and patches

http://www.teclan.co.uk/patch/updates.html

Comment

my god Jo!
                I wish I'd found that site in my hours of googling for a 7.0.2 download this evening!
                That's a bloody useful link for those of us who ever need to reinstall!
                And thanks for the patch! Installed 701, patched to 702 and imported both snapshots... everything hunky dory (included my previously "stranded" order) and I'm now back where I was at 5pm (should have left well alone!!!!!!!!!!!)
                And now I can install 7.0.2 on the laptop and duplicate the last hours work!
                LOL
                Thank you Jo, you ARE a lifesaver (again!!)
                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                X