Froogle Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froogle Feedback

Anyone out there using a Froogle feed from Actinic?
    Im thinking of using Froogle ourselves and I just want to know if its worth the trouble, does it increase sales? are there any hidden problems? etc

Thanks!

Upside - we get a few visitors from froogle, but not seeing the higher conversion rates you would expect where someone has already seen a thumbnail of the product.
    Upside - its free and that is always a plus.

Downside - the standard froogle feed from Actinic is NOT properly configured for the UK feed requirements
    Downside - Google feed all the product photos to their images directory and they get nicked, and you can't stop them

Not up - not down - Mole End do a froogle feed that is better than the standard Actinic one, and its free to members of their mailing list. This has a minor problem with the parsing of the product category path - it gets written out back to front. Still minor because froogle has not started using the feature YET.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

We've had a few visitors via Froogle too, nothing major though. I reckon its worth doing though, gets you seen by more visitors, at no cost really. We use the free Mole End thingy and once its all set up all you have to do is run and upload the file regularly, I forgot once and all our stuff dissapeared from Froogle double quick. They are not quick at replying to emails, so use the advice littered around this forum first. I found it easier to upload using a normal ftp proggy, rather then the online method they suggest.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
      X