Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funky html error...... eeek!!

Hi,

I've just put the following under Design | Text | Shopping Cart Receipt - Shopping Cart

UK orders over £99 are shipped FREE. UK Shipping standard rate £3.95 Small packages charged at cost up to a max. of £3.95 finalised at despatch not checkout. If you live outside of the UK, click <a HREF="http://www.dirtbikestore.co.uk/Shippingcharges.htm" target="_blank">here</a> and you will find our International shipping charge guide. If you live outside of Europe, we will contact you with an exact price including delivery prior to despatching your order or debiting your payment card. All our prices include VAT @ 17.5%. Orders placed outside of the European Union or BFPO addresses are exempt from VAT.<p>Please note prices quoted in Euros are approximate. Your order will be charged in Pound Sterling (£) as per the invoice total.

Yet, I have a strange repeat of half of this text/code at the top of my shopping cart http://www.dirtbikestore.co.uk/cgi/c...CTION=SHOWCART It seems to be having a problem at the href code, yet I have used this same text/code successfully elsewhere in Design | Text | Shipping & Tax - Select Shipping Destination.

I am thoroughly confused!

Any ideas anyone?!

Cheers!
    Mox

http://www.dirtbikestore.com

Viewing the page source I see

Code:
    <html><head><title> DirtBikeStore.com Ltd UK orders over £99 are 
    shipped FREE. UK Shipping standard rate £3.95 Small packages charged at
     cost up to a max. of £3.95 finalised at despatch not checkout. If you live 
     outside of the UK, click 
     <a HREF="http://www.dirtbikestore.co.uk/Shippingcharges.htm" 
     target="_blank">here</a> and you will find our International shipping charge
     guide. If you live outside of Europe, we will contact you with an exact price
     including delivery prior to despatching your order or debiting your payment
     card. All our prices include VAT @ 17.5%. Orders placed outside of the
     European Union or BFPO addresses are exempt from VAT.<p>Please note
     prices quoted in Euros are approximate.  Your order will be charged in Pound
     Sterling (£) as per the invoice total.</title>
    From WDG
    The TITLE element gives the document's title.
    Each document must have exactly one TITLE within the HEAD.
    TITLE contains plain text and entities;
    it may not contain other markup.
    You need to take *all* the html code out of the title.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Many thanks for your reply Bill.

I saw that in the source code too, yet we haven't changed the Title - isn't that generated by the templates? (which I haven't touched).

The only modifications I made was in the Design | Text windows within Actinic!

Cheers
      Mox

Comment

What was the ID number of the text you modified?
        Bill

Comment

Looking under Design | Text | Shopping Cart Receipt - Shopping Cart it says

Phase: -1 ID: 165

is that the one?!

Cheers!
          Michelle

Comment

Yes, that's the one - this is obviously where Actinic gets the page title from.

If you can put this back to Shopping Cart, that will get rid of the problem.

Then to include the text you want, create a customvar containing the code and add the customvar name to Act_ShoppingCart.htm between these two lines
            Code:
            <Actinic:CARTUPDATEERROR/>

NETQUOTEVAR:CARTDISPLAY
            so it becomes
            Code:
            <Actinic:CARTUPDATEERROR/>
            CUSTOMVAR:YOURVARNAME
            NETQUOTEVAR:CARTDISPLAY
            *NOT TESTED*
            Bill

Comment

Ok, thanks, that makes sense!

Having managed to avoid template changes up until now, I'm a little uncertain on the process for this.

I've looked at the techno-babble in the advanced user guide and also read the vague advice in the Help Guide

Am I correct in (some!) of the following:

Click on Advanced | Custom Properties and add My File Name under Property and then MYVARNAME under Custom Property Name ?

Then create a file which includes my required text - what kind of file though? An html file or txt file?

Many thanks for all the help!

Michelle

Comment

Its not as complicated as that

Advanced | Custom Properties - click on the + in the top left corner, put a name in the new row (in the left hand box), you will see the same name automatically filled in as the Customvar name. OK to close.

Now go to Design | Options and on the Site Defaults tab click on the + in the top left, use the selection arrow to find the customvar name you just created, and type the text you want to appear on the page in the 2nd (value) column. Tick the box under use as customvar. OK to close that.

in Advanced | Template Manager if you are not on the grey box layout, click Change View, go to the Ordering tab and click the Cart button. Make the change and save (if you use notepad as editor, remember to 'save as'and change file type to all files).

You should be good to go.
                Bill

Comment

Having finally mustered up the courage to tackle this - it worked a treat!!

Many, many thanks for this Bill. You're a star!

Cheers!
                  Mox

Comment

Working...
                  X