X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom "Other Info Question"

For the products of a certain category I have used the format:
    product>component>attribute>choice

The attribute/customer choice does not influence the price.

On selecting SOME of the products an additional compulsory field (Other Info?) appears in the confirmation page. The text of the field is " please select quantity"

Strangely enough other products (of the same category but a different product ie record) do not display the phantom field on the confirmation page.

I have consolidated the DB a few times - to no effect. Any ideas how I can get rid of this annoying problem without having to delete the affected product records and re-entering them?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Hi Stuart

On some of these product, if you click on them, so you have the "Product Detail" dialog box. Click on the "Layout" tab, is the Other info question filled in?

Please could you advise on this?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem, unfortunately not - I went down that path before posting. However I must add that at some time during the set-up of the shop/product entry I certainly DID enter text into this field. But all fields are now empty (looking at them from the "layout" tab). Unfortunately I have just noticed "the undocumented feature"

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
        Hi Stuart

On some of these product, if you click on them, so you have the "Product Detail" dialog box. Click on the "Layout" tab, is the Other info question filled in?

Please could you advise on this?

Kind Regards

I am finding this a strange one, when I have the 'other info question' in use from the layout tab, the text box is available to be filled in BEFORE an add to cart is done which is as you would expect BUT when you go to checkout the entered data has gone and the field is blank in the checkout page, this means you have to enter the same info again.
        This is a bug I think, or am I missing something?
        Curtain Poles

Comment

Hi,

Can you give us a link to a product that does this? Where in the checkout process does it allow you to re-enter the information? Maybe you are talking about one of the user definable fields in the checkout. When I try it on a default site, the other info question once filled in and the product added to cart, this information appears in the cart just under the product ordered and does not offer another opportunity to enter the same information at another stage.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

fix

There is actually a fix for this on the knowledge base

sorted it for me thanks
            Curtain Poles

Comment

Working...
            X