Cart error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart error

I am getting the following error when I place an order where the payment options are limited by location:

An error occurred while attempting to generate a unique order number. Actinic ecommerce is unable to lock the counter file. Permission denied

Any ideas?
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Any advice on this one anyone?

Comment

Hi there

It may be the backup.num and order.num is corrupted on your server. If you have an ftp software, please login to your site and go into the /acatalog/ folder. Here simply download the backup.num and order.num onto your desktop, so you have delete it from the server. Once you have done this, do a test order. See if that fixes it.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

I have done as you suggested and it is still not working. The site has been down now for a week. Any help on this one would be appreciated. I contacted support with no joy. Whats the £400 upgrade on Developer for?

Comment

Hi there

If the above solution is not working, then this sounds like there has been a change on your server. Especially if this has been working correctly in the past. We have a Knowledgebase article on this issue. The first solution is what your hosting company needs to do, You cannot do it I'm afraid:

First choice solution…
          Change the owner of the *.num files to the username of the process that is the effective user that runs the perl scripts. Place a test order to check that the scripts can determine the next order number.
          Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Same problem with locked counter

Hi Naseem, I've tried the suggestions here and those in the knowledge base - both mention "other things" but these are not actually described. What else could be causing this error?

No changes have been made to the Win 2k3 server, and it has been working fine for months, but suddenly this error's occurred.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Hi there,

Can you please let me know your website URL?
              [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Navy]
              Regards,
              Karthik

Comment

Working...
              X