Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal Problem (Urgent!)

Hi

Though it originally worked, I'm now having problems with Paypal, which means transactions can't be completed.

You go through the checkout process until you get to the Payment Method section. You click next and go to the interim OCC_PayPalTemplate.html page which should then automatically divert you to Paypal. When you hit the PayPal page you get the following error:

----------------------
    The seller accepts encrypted website payments only. You cannot pay the seller through un-encrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.
    ----------------------

I'm puzzled because everything has been OK and I can't find any references to this error. I'm using 7.0.4 with shared SSL, but as I say this has been fine and is still fine with another site I run.

website link

Many thanks

Anthony
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

I've had a (different?) problem with Paypal today - perhaps this is connected? It's diverting Ok, but not reporting back to Actinic...

Anthea
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

I've checked the other site that uses the same process, same webserver and same version of Actinic and that's OK, it goes straight through to the Paypal payment page.
      Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

I've resolve this now. It related to PayPal website payment settings in the profile section of the PayPal account. It was not an Actinic problem.
        Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Anthony

We may have the same problem - could you tell me what website payment settings you needed on PayPal for it to work OK?

Thanks

Tim Weaver
          WISE.CO.UK
          Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
          http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Hi Tim

Sorry I've been away for a few days.

Off the top of my head, if you look in Profile section there should be an option to receive secure website payments. We switched this off as the website is using SSL and PayPal is obviously secure anyway, it then worked fine. Also the Paypal account had been upgraded to a Merchant account.

Anthony
            Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Thanks Anthony - ours seems to be working OK again now...

Tim Weaver
              WISE.CO.UK
              Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
              http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X