cancelling orders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cancelling orders...

OK, I've been playing with test orders on my website (Jesters)
    I just wanted to test all the payment methods forwarded ok (currently only Paypal/Nochex and cheque but cards coming very shortly)
    Anyway, I obviously want to cancel the cheque one as it's in my Pending folder.
    Normally, I'd just highlight the orderline and click "cancel"
    That'd then effectively void the whole order, right?
    However, at Jesters, we do overseas shipping and offer discounts so the order itself also had an orderline for the discount (£3.50 in this case) and overseas airmail shipping of £4.
    Cancelling the product orderline itself resulted in a 50p balance.
    Do I have to cancel the discount (presumably by deleting the adjustment) AND the shipping also?
    Can't Actinic tell that, if I've cancelled ALL the orderlines (in this case, one) that the entire order is obviously cancelled and then cancel the shipping/discount itself accordingly?
    Tracey

Hi Tracey

However, at Jesters, we do overseas shipping and offer discounts so the order itself also had an orderline for the discount (£3.50 in this case) and overseas airmail shipping of £4.
    How do you do this, by adding any adjustment to the order. If so, then you would need to first remove the adjustment and then cancel the order. Actinic will not automaticly remove it for you.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

of course but it's not an adjustment *I* have done, it was a discount code used in the order. I just would have thought it'd have been more automatic than that!
      However, even if I cancel the adjustment (by deleting it) I still have a balance of £4 for the shipping?
      So, if I have a customer order with a discount code and overseas (or, at least, charged) shiipping, then I have to cancel the orderline, delete the discount (adjustment) AND update the shipping to £0 in order to completely void the order?
      Tracey

Comment

Hi there

then I have to cancel the orderline, delete the discount (adjustment) AND update the shipping to £0 in order to completely void the order?
        Yes I'm afraid so.

Kind Regards

Comment

ok, thanks. Thought I'd check anyway
          Cheers
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X