Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacing Section Links

Hi,

I'm using templates based on clean layout 13. Is there any way to adjust the spacing between the section links in the left hand column?

The links are being generated by NQV:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP

I've not been able to find any references to doing this in any of the guides.

Hope someone can advise.

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

O.K. I've discovered that I can create some extra space by including a <br> tag within the Act_SectionLineSmallText after the NQV:NEXT

The odd thing is that adding one <br> after NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</span></A> does nothing unless I include two <br> as in
    NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</span></A><br><br>
    This produces the same result as NQV:NEXT <br> Not too sure why one <br> after NQV:SECTIONNAME</span></a> is being ignored.

The problem with using <br> is that the space increase between the links is a bit too much.

Does anyone know if there is anyway I can incorporate CSS to get more control over this issue.?

I've noticed that a separate table is being created for each section link. If I could find out the template that's creating these tables, maybe I could use cellpadding to get what I want.

Any clues, hints or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi,

The <br> is working as designed - since you are part way along a line, the first <br> tells the code to move to a new line, the second <br> moves to another new line, leaving the first line blank. The only time one <br> works to the expectation you express, is when its the only thing on the html line.

Within css, you can use line-height = "value"; where value could be say 200% , combined with a text-align="bottom"; to create the effect of a blank line. 300% would give the effect of two blank lines etc.

This spacing would then apply everywhere you use the HTML element you apply them to - in this case the <span class="actxsmall">. The trick would be to edit actinic.css and copy the existing actxsmall then paste in again and rename to myxsmall, add the two new properties and save.

Edit Act_SectionLineSmallText and change the actxsmall to myxsmall - all done.
      hth
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your help with this. I'll play around with your suggestions, it all sounds good.

Many thanks,

Myles
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
        X