Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock control

Hi all

I have a problem with stock control which I hope you guys can help sort out. Say a customer has problem with the payment pages, or abandon the order only to come back later. I get several orders downloaded for the same transaction with some flagged as pending payment provider. When I cancel those transactions the stock levels are updated as though I am putting more stock in - i.e. I have 50 in stock but all of a sudden it states I have 53! This is very frustrating as I have only just realised this and need to go through the whole lot! With almost 10000 products that's a major task! It has also allowed people to order products that in reality was out of stock.

What can I do to prevent Actinic "seeing" the same order as several orders?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
    Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

yes, you can't do this.
    I've posted about it before. If you "cancel" orderlines in a PSP pending order, it alters the stock levels even though it didn't when the order downloaded into the PSP pending folder.
    It's a pretty significant bug as it means you can't cancel and remove duplicate orders (a common occurrance) from the PSP pending folder. You can only delete them altogether (which, of course, results in missing order numbers in the completed tab) or wait for Actinic to purge them after however long is set.
    Not very good really... is this being fixed?
    Tracey

Comment

Hi there

This is an known issue, and is on the list to be fixed, but the fix won't be in the next due maintenance release.

Sorry about that - you will just need to use 'Delete' on the orders in the 'PSP-Pending' folder rather than cancelling the order lines.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. At least I'm now aware of the problem even if it cannot be easily solved.

Kind regards
        Karen
        Kind Regards
        Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

My accountant advised me to keep a complete sequence of order records, as a VAT inspector may not beleive that 'PSP-Not Authorised' actually does happen (with alarming frequency), and query where the money has gone etc.
          This is trouble we all need to avoid if possible: Actinic really need to sort out the way PSP-Not Authorised works. Even without the stock-control problems already mentioned, it is difficult to produce a contiguous audit trail and also plod through cancelling product, updating shipping etc until the order is resolved.
          ChrisL
          skype chrisjlyon

Comment

I'm pretty sure a VAT inspector would accept a screen print of the problem as a place filler for the missing order. You could then delete and keep Actinic straight.

The requirement is to document what happened to the order number, not produce an order where there was not one.

Your accountant should be able to confirm this with the VAT people.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
            X