X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Tell a Friend email link' top tip

Hello,

Just thought I should mention this.

I came across a slight problem when using the 'Tell a Friend email link' top tip introduced in the Actinic User Newsletter of July 2005. It works wonderfully but ensure that you do not put any symbols such as & in the short description of your products. The customer will end up with an email sent without the product's link, which could be a bit embarrassing. I guess some other symbols will cause the same problem, so I thought I'd better mention it.

Thank you for the tip.

Malika Munro

Hi Malika,

introduced in the Actinic User Newsletter of July 2005
    I've never heard of this newsletter. How did you sign up for it. Is it only available to business or developer users maybe?

Myles
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi

I am also interested in receiving the newsletter, how do I sign on?

Jan

Comment

Newsletter

I assume that this is the "Cover Newsletter" from Actinic that is sent to Cover subscribers, although it looks like the last on I had was December 2004, this mentioned the 'Email a friend feature'

Comment

Hi John,

When I checked the Actinic website the other day I couldn't see any mention of newsletters, but you're right, they do offer email newsletters for "Cover" subscribers.

I guess that answers my question.

Thanks,

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

'Tell a Friend email link' top tip - Newsletter

Originally posted by magicalwonders
            Hi Malika,

I've never heard of this newsletter. How did you sign up for it. Is it only available to business or developer users maybe?

Myles
            Hello Myles, Jan and John,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I am not a "Cover" subscriber and I am using the Actinic Catalog version 7. It is a Newsletter for Actinic users. The Newsletter is emailed regularly. I don't remember myself signing up for it so I guess it is for all Actinic users. You might want to try this email address to get more details or to subscribe:

newsletter@actinic.co.uk

Cheers

Malika Munro

Comment

Hi Malika,

Thanks for the info. I'll send an email!

Best wishes,

Myles
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Does anybody know the way round this as I have loads of '&' signs in my short descriptions ??!! We sell Peel & Seal Envelopes amongst many other types !

I wondered why it wasn't always working !!
                Richard
                www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Hi,

I've asked out development team to look at this and will post back as soon as I hear from them.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

The '&' is a reserved character in the 'mailto' protocol that the 'Email To Friend' link uses.

If you look at the code the format is :

'mailto:' + this.value
                    +'?subject=Take%20a%20look%20at%20NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME&body=I%20saw%20'
                    + thisloc + '%20and%20thought%20you%20would%20be%20interested.'

The ampesand in the product names means that the link is expecting another parameter.

The best thing to do would be to change the '&'s' in the product names to 'and'. The quickest way would be to edit the database directly if you are confident at using MS Access (I would suggest that you backup your database before making any changes).
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                    X