Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping charges not updating

hi

I have created a few new shipping options in Business settings for my site. The site has been refreshed, but the new options are not appearing. i have fiddled about a lot to try and get this working...what am I going wrong?

Any ideas please?

Andy

Did you add the new class to your shipping zones after creating it?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for you response. Yes, I created the zones and then added the class of postage. The UK was already set up and i just added an additional class.

Comment

Andrew, I just tried a test on http://www.thecuppa.com/ and add to basket took me to paypal's website in a new window - where, of course, your shipping options code will not exist. I think you need to revisit the way you link to paypal.

Actinic needs to go through the first two pages of the Actinic checkout to find out where you are shipping to, and offer the choice of shipping methods, before it can calculate and add the shipping costs. Payment method choice would then be the thirsd step, taking the customer to Paypal, who return them to Actinic step 4, the receipt page.
        Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill

Please ignore the paypal shopping cart...this is the exisiting site. The new site running Catalog is not accessible via the main page yet.

the following link will get you there however:

http://www.thecuppa.co.uk/acatalog/Japanese_Teas.html

Indeed, the whole checkout comes up fine, with you being able to select the destination country etc. It just doesn't show the postage options I have added in Business Settings.

many thanks

Comment

OK - I had a choice of first or second class post for a UK address - what should I have seen?
            Bill

Comment

There should have been an option for next day courier. also, if you choose delivery to the US or somewhere else, you should get air mail. instead you get just the default Standard Charge.

Comment

OK - I just tried this on my own site. In View | Business Settings - Shipping and Handling, I did a right click on UK zone and Add Class. I named and described the class. Then I added weights and costs to the table on the right of the zone list, made the settings for default weight and excess, Apply, OK.

Uploaded to my site - went online, the option was there and available.

Is there a step in what I did that you missed?
                Bill

Comment

That sounds pretty much like the steps I took. Mmmm. I think I will take the whole lot off and try again. sounds like something isn't updating properly or something.

Thanks for your help. I will give it a go tomorrow and let you know.

Comment

Bill

I took the whole lot off and started again. everything I add seems to be working now. I think I must have done something wrong somewhere the first time round. It seems if you mess one class up then the actual cart does not get overwritten online (which is useful to know).

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                    X