Removing the tables in the left navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the tables in the left navigation

I am relatively new to Actinic and have a couple of problems I cannot fix...

I have edited the primary template, creating a container for the left hand menu. My layout is based upon navigation items being separated by only a <BR>.

However, the software generating the menu from your list in the Actinic store preview creates a table as per below around each link:

<TABLE width="100%"><TR><TD WIDTH="100%" valign="top">

<!-- Insert HTML for the end of a section title -->
    <!-- SectionLine HTML end -->

<Actinic:TEMPLATE type="end" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic v7 LIVE\Sites\NAMEOFSITE\Act_SectionLineSmallText.html"/><Actinic:TEMPLATE type="begin" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic v7 LIVE\Sites\NAMEOFSITE\Act_SectionLineSmallText.html"/>
    <!-- SectionLine HTML begin -->
    <!-- Insert HTML for the beginning of a section title -->
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT -->
    <A HREF="PAGE.html" class="menu">ITEM</A>
    </TD>
    </TR></TABLE>

Anyone know how I can access the template to change it?

Thanks in advance...

C:\Program Files\Actinic v7 LIVE\Sites\NAMEOFSITE\Act_SectionLineSmallText.html
    thisis the htm template for the section.
    If you go to Advanced Menu, edit templates, there is avery useful tool there for matching template to layout

Comment

Thanks Jo,

But when I access that template - I do not see the surrounding HTML, only the core data to build the link.

Are there any extra templates?

Christian

Comment

Hi,

Take a look in 'Design | Text'. Click on the 'Go To' button in the bottom left corner of the screen and type 1187 in the 'ID' field and click 'OK'. This will take you to the table prompt. This and the 3 lines below it are creating the table around your section links.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for this info Tracey,

I've managed to get rid of my nested tables by surrounding the links in <DIV> tags. Happy days!

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Heellp!

Thanks for the info on line 1187.

I have deleted the table but now have a problem with the sections in the main body of the page.

Since I deleted the tables, the content, which did display as 4 columns, has now stacked vertically. So it is basically all aligned left - one on top of the other.

How can I fix?

PS: This happens to have fixed my previous posting about a strange indent from the left...

Thanks
            Christian
            Last edited by Designer1; 13-Aug-2005, 04:31 PM. Reason: Change to question

Comment

Hi Christian,

At 1187 on the line where it has (or had) </tr></table>, try putting in a <br>.
              This will force each link to a new line.

My setup is a bit different as I have NQV:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP within a <TD>, but in theory you should end up with what you had before.

Goodluck.

Myles
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
              X