FTP error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP error message

Just tried to upload some site changes and got the error message "Unable to connect to the FTP server 'ftp.mysite.com'. The connection with the server was reset." First time I have had this in 2 years - any ideas what it means and what to do about it please? As far as I know I haven't reset anything this end! Thanks.

can you connect via normal FTP?

is it only actinic that doesn't connect?

have you changed/updated your firewall?

Comment

Hi Jo

I only ever connect to the site via Actinic "upload" button unless I post separate pages directly to the site via NVU software which I occasionally use. These are the only methods I use to upload info so I dont know what "normal" FTP is?

I checked the settings box for FTP etc and it all appears correct.

It appears to be only Actinic that does not connect. All other internet access is working fine and I can download orders etc from the site as normal. It seems to be a problem with something that has happened since the last upload about 2 weeks ago.

I have not changed or updated any firewall or security features.

Help!

Comment

Another Claranet user?
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Probably - my connections to CLARA via FTP have been very hit-and-miss over the weekend ... grrrrrrr

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yes George I am with claranet - is that all it is then just a hiccup at Claranet?

Comment

Yeah. Happens from time to time. Very annoying when it does, a few of us on here have been through what you are/have just been. It'll sort out soon enough...

Sorry I cannot fix it, but at least you can stop destroying yer settings, lol.
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Problem solved! Looks like it was Claranet after all. Just uploaded it and everything worked fine http://www.natco-online is back up. Thanks for your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X