Missing Class File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Class File?

When testing my site (uknit.co.uk) I put in an order, go to checkout, enter address details OK, select Credit Card payament and then the next screen just shows a big grey box, and flashes up a message that says:

load: class COM.Actinic.Catalog.EA not found

I am presuming that this implies it cannot find the EA.CLASS file. However, this file is there along with a whole load of other class files, and I can see nothing wrong.

I have tried refreshing the site (which takes ages) but still no difference...

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
    Dave

Post your network settings so that others here can take a look. Use Advanced / Network Setup / Export to do this. Edit out your user name and password before posting.

Also check with your hosting provider whether your cgi-bin is on the same server as your catalog or a different one (for example Demon does this). If this is the case you'll have to hard code that path in Act_Order03.html.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The following from the Actinic Knowledge Base (did you look there) might also apply:-

You will need to FTP to your site, and check whether you have the following directory structure: COM/Actinic/Catalog beneath the acatalog directory. If you don't, then you will need to create the directory structure COM/Actinic/Catalog within the acatalog folder. You will then need to click on upload from within Catalog to upload the files. If this still will not work, then you may need to manually upload the .class files from within the Actinic Ecommerce Installation folder on the PC to acatalog/COM/Actinic/Catalog on the server.

Norman

Comment

Thanks for the reply Norman.

My network settings are as follows:

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
        HTTPPROXYADDRESS
        HTTPPROXYPORT 80
        HTTPPROXYUSER
        HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
        FTPPROXYMODE 0
        FTPPROXYADDRESS
        FTPPROXYPORT 21
        FTPPROXYUSER
        FTPPROXYPASSWORD
        SCRIPTID 1
        SCRIPTEXT .pl
        SMTPHOST smtp1.internetters.co.uk
        WEBSITEURL http://uknit.co.uk/
        IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
        PATHTOPERL /usr/local/bin/perl
        CATALOGURL http://uknit.co.uk/acatalog/
        CGIBINURL http://uknit.co.uk/cgi_bin/
        PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
        CODEBASE ./public_html/
        FTPHOST uknit.co.uk
        PATHTOCGIBIN /public_html/cgi_bin
        USEPASSIVEFTP false
        FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG

The TEST option from Advanced Network Setup says that it works OK, and the acatalog.COM.Actinic.Catalog directory does exist, and contains a whole load of .class files, including EA.

Regards

Dave

Comment

CODEBASE should refer to your acatalog directory with respect to itself.

i.e. just ./

or try /public_html/acatalog/

or even http://uknit.co.uk/acatalog/

Norman

Comment

Norman,

Many thanks for your suggestions. I tried the second one and it works fine.

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Norman,

Your last suggestion worked for me too. Thanks!

I haven't had trouble with any .class files til the last 24 hours.

Think it may have something to do our ISP having to reboot the server our rack is on repeatedly due to the tirade of viruses experienced recently?

C.

Comment

I have a feeling someone maybe attempting to hack the java applet as I had problems for a while today but a refresh cleared it
                Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                X