Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call for Quote / Stop orders

Hi

One of our customers has asked for something which i can't figure out. Basically they sell Beds, and deliver in the UK only. Which is fine as thats the only location choices i've given. The shipping price depends on the area of the uk, again thats fine as i've added the areas in the location tab.

The problem i have is that for the scottish islands etc they want actinic to stop the checkout process or display a message or something! and show a "call for a quote" screen as the price depends on exactly where and what.

Is this possible, or is that a much easier way of doing this that I'm just not seeing?

Thanks

Joel

If you really don't want to add in the delievry charges for each of the Islands you could try adding a warning message into the shipping and handling section to warn buyers on the Islands.

I use it for something similar but can be modified for your needs:

<input type=button value="Scottish Islands" onclick="ShowPopUp('http://www.domain.co.uk/islands.htm',600,400)">

I place that into View | Business Settings | Shipping & Handling | Message

"islands.htm" is a HTM page I created in Dreamweaver and uploaded to the root of the web site. When the button labelled "Scottish Islands" is clicked in the checkout a pop-up window opens with the islands.htm page... this page can tell Islands buyers to contact the company for a quotation etc.

There may be a better workaround via patching the varoius orders scripts but the above works for me and is very simple to add into Actinic

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

What is the difference between the highest and lowest Island charge? I ask, because if I was shopping on line, I would want to complete the purchase on line, just like any other online shopper.

The way I would handle this is charge all islands the one rate if they choose to complete the order on line, but add some text to indicate a shipping discount might be available to telephone orders.

If you force all island shoppers to use the phone, they may as well call the shop in Ullapool or Inverness that handles your product, and probably will.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for your replies. If there isn't way for actinic to force the users to stop then i will go with the pop up.

I agree that getting people to the checkout then stopping the process isn't good practise, but the company doesn't know the costs, as it depends one a load of variables, from weight to distance to manufacturer... and also who am I to question the boss! :-D

Is that an actinic solution for this?

Thanks again.

Joel

Comment

Is that an actinic solution for this?
          I am an Actinic user, just like you . I don't speak for Actinic, just offer my own, sometimes abrasive responses.

The Actinic solution is to break up the UK into sub areas, not have a shipping location for Western Isles, and set 'do not allow shipping' for areas which are not defined, returning a message stored in Design | Text Phase: -1 ID: 25. The default message is
          The catalog shipping database does not have any shipping options
          defined for this location. Please contact us directly with your order.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X