Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

same product multiple times? Actinic guys pls answer :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same product multiple times? Actinic guys pls answer :)

Hi,

The store I am currently developing requires that I use the same products in a range of different categories.

eg: product plates, used in categories, Kitchen & Assortments & Misc. You get the idea

I have read the instructions in the advanced manual on how to do this, by simply using the 'New Component' option which allows you to link a master product to a slave product and update the stock accordingly.

I have a quick question however for the Actinic software guys regarding this, does this mean that if I decide to have a product replicated throughout my site say 10 times, if i use the 'new component' option and in the future i decide to alter the price or the description of the product I would have to manually alter all 10 entries?

I'm sure I'm wrong, as far as I can see the 'new component' option only links two products through their stock levels and not description or price.

Thx

Here's the answer

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Solutions.html

Comment

Hi Shaky,

Sorry to not have posted here before - I have been on holiday. If you have any questions on the solution feel free to email or call.

The solution uses external linking to link products back to themselves and so updates made to the actual product are passed straight through to the replicated products.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X