Stock levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock levels

I am new to Actinic. I am trying to write a web site that sells mens clothing.
    How do I set a stock holding level for each size of a particular garment?
    I have made each size of a particular product a 'new choice' of an attribute 'sizes'.
    Any help would be appreciated.

You will need to create a new product for each choice and set the stock levels on this product, then mark it as hidden.

Then for each choice on the visible product, you need to associate the correct hidden product.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill - This is the exact problem we're trying to get around at the moment.

For each choice on the visible product, how do you associate the correct hidden product stock level information?

As an example, we have a jacket for sale in 4 sizes and the customer can select if they want S M L or XL. Our stock levels would probably be :

2 x S 4 x M 4 x L 2 x XL

What I've been doing until now is just specifying the stock level as 1 in hand, so that as soon as an item is sold the item becomes out of stock even though there are another 11 items available in other sizes. This enables me to remove the necessary size choice as and when it is un-available but of course limits me to selling one jacket at a time until I check stock levels manually and upload the site again (removing a certain size choice if needs be).

I know how to create a hidden product and specify stock levels but not sure how to associate this data with a customer choice option.

What ever way I do it - It's obviously going to be a very long drawn out process. Does anyone know if there are any plans to introduce a feature in future versions that allows you to specify stock levels on the customer choice feature?

Thanks v.much

Comment

If you have a hidden product associated with each choice then Actinic will use the stock level of the associated product. You won't see an 'out of stock' message on the product page, but if someone selects that choice and tries to add it to the cart an 'out of stock' message will appear.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks very much for the info Mike.

How do I associate the the stock level of a hidden product with a choice?

Thanks

Comment

Click on the '+' sign beside the product and doubleclick on the green/blue component thingy (best description I can give it). The component window should open.

Click on the permutations tab and click 'fill list' (if the choices aren't already shown). The fifth column along allows you to select the product associated with each choice. If a hidden product is associated with a choice then actinic will base stock control info on that hidden product.

You also have options for where the pricing and name come from.

Mike

PS. This description is based on V6. V7 may differ slightly.

Comment

Fantastic - Will check that out tonight

Thanks V.Much

Comment

Does anyone know if the same thing is possible in Catalogue V7 ??

Can't find this "green/blue component thingy" with a permutations tab !

Many Thanks

Comment

The green/blue thingy is a component. If you can't see one, right click on the product and select 'new component'.

You then have to add an attribute to the component and choices to the attribute. Again you can do this by right clicking and selecting 'new attribute' or 'new choice'.

Mike

Comment

The choices have been set up already - We need to associate stock levels of each choice with hidden products.

Will try again tonight.

Comment

If the choices have been set up without using a component, then you will need to highlight the attributes, right click and cut. Add a component, then paste the attributes and choices into the component. You'll then find the permutations tab on the component.

Online help tells you how to add the permutations and work with them.
                      Bill
                      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Fantastic - Will give it another go tonight !!

Comment

Working...
                        X