Getting in a muddle trying to change font size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting in a muddle trying to change font size

Hi - I'm trying to decrease the font size on my section tree/list - I thought I had to do this via actinic.css, as shown in the thread below:
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=font+size
    .....but I can't seem to make it work.
    Basically, if this is the right file that I need to edit, I need to know what I have to do next. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what i'm looking at.

I might be completely barking up the wrong tree - however, so that you know what i'm trying to achieve, the section tree on www.dinkybox.com is pretty much the font size i'm looking for.

Yours, muddled....

Nick
    Attached Files
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Hi Nick,

if you view both sites in FireFox they are the same size font.. under IE they are different sizes... how are the font sizes being specified in the CSS file? points, pixels, ems etc?

At the moment under FF I would not be inclined to reduce the font size but certainly look at the units

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

If you do want to tinker with the sizes, colours and spacings etc then edit the Act_Primary.html template and towards the top look for the script starting

Code:
      <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
      <!--
      function YahooSections(ar).............
      and there you can individually change the sizes etc for the main sections and also the child sections

Bikster

Comment

OK - I've found the relevant bit in act_primary.html - i'm abit confused as it already says the text size is actxxsmall, and I can't see how I can make it smaller than that. Also, which code do I need to manipulate to reduce the spacings between section headings?
        Last edited by Luddite; 11-Aug-2005, 10:40 AM. Reason: want to say something different?

Comment

Hi there

im abit confused as it alread says the text size is actxxsmall, and I can't see how I can make it smaller than that
          So you could change the following:
          Code:
              strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><span class="actxxsmall"><b><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS">' + ar[i].sName + '</font></b></span></a><br>';
          to
          Code:
              strIDs += '<a href="' + ar[i].sURL + '"><b><font color="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS" size="-1">' + ar[i].sName + '</font></b></a><br>';
          You could always use font size instead of span class
          Also, which code do I need to manipulate to reduce the spacings between section headings?
          Delete the following line
          Code:
           strIDs += '<br>'
          Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks so much Nadeem - I've changed the sub section font sizes, and had removed the spaces but subsequently put them back in again as I didn't like how it looked. Is there a way I can reduce the space, rather than remove it completely?
            Thanks - Nick

Comment

Your best bet will possibly be to specify a style sheet reference using line-height and adding that into the above codes you have been tweaking

Bikster

Comment

Style sheets are something I have no knowledge of i'm afraid, so for the time being I may just have to leave it as is - its not high on the 'to do' list, but if there was a quick fix.......

Comment

Working...
                X