BUG in v7.04 demo or trial hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG in v7.04 demo or trial hosting

Hi, i have downloaded v7.04 from actinic and just done a clean install on a brand new pc. I uploaded the store to the actinic trial server.
    All that i have done to the clean install is change the logo. remove all products and sections and changed two colours.
    The new install starts with the Best Seller theme. I changed this to Smart theme before any amendments.
    When I now view the online store all is fine apart from the 'view cart' page which has elements of the old Best Seller theme showing.
    I have not changed any templates.

After getting this bug I removed actinic from my pc and reinstalled it again. Reuploaded and the problem is still there. I have cleared my catch and tried 3 browsers.
    The link to the test store is:
    http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial18964/index.html

JUst click on 'view cart' to see the problem.

I have spent hours trying to sort this out, maybe its just me, I have been using V6 catalog for two years and no problems like this.

Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

The checkout uses a different layout to the product pages, i assume you have changed Act_primary but not Act_checkout_primary

Comment

Hi, i have not changed the checkout template.
      The only alteration to the primary template was to replace the 'store sections' text box heading to 'choose a sweet'

I have not altered any other templates.
      wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hello, this is a clean install without template changes, I have selected a new logo in site options/brochure and site options/shop default.

Thanks
        wesley
        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

that's what i am saying- you need to edit the checkout-primary

Tale a look at the layout tab, you will find the checkout uses a different layout.

or tell the layout tab to use act_primary

Comment

Hi, i have now change the checkout template to the same as the others, default sidebars down both side.
            I never changed this template "checkout" or I did was a clean install, changed themes to smart and added a logo.
            I would of thought actinic would change the templates accoringly if you change a theme.
            wesley
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi, i have just uploaded the changes, but the fault still shows.
              I have just tried viewing it on a Mac as well with a clean browser cache.
              This must be a bug with 7.04
              wesley
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

ok, i have waisted yet another hour this mnorning.
                Just removed V7 from my pc, reinstalled with a demo download from actinic site.
                Have not amended anything.
                Just uploaded the default setup to actinics demo hostinf which runs slows at the best of times.
                The problem is till showing, when you click on 'view basket' the page looks awful. The left hand sid eof the page has misalignment, unless thats how actinic wants it to look.

wesley
                Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Can Actinic respond to this question of mine please.
                  Ither I have done something very wrong or it just is not up to the job.
                  Is the Smart theme ment to have the 'Best Sellet Theme Cart template'
                  Do all themes use the best seller cart template?
                  V6 does not hav ethis problem.
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Whilst it may be a bug, the quickest solution is to change themes to a clean layout, and then change back to the smart theme.

then check the smart checkout and copy it across fro mthe original themes. Indeed check that the original theme has the correct template in place, otherwise you'll need to create it yourself in the short term

My V7 is 7.02 and the primary checkout file i nthe theme folder is fine

Comment

Hi, thanks for that, i had to convert to a simple layout then back to smart theme.
                      I have lost several hours with this issue, i thought i was going mad.
                      One big bug I say, not good when I am trying to upgrade from V6 catalog to Business V7.
                      wesley
                      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

You aren't the first person to experience problems with the smart theme primary checkout, therefore this is probably something Actinic should investigate.

Comment

Hi, if this is a know issue then it needs to be resolved, I downloaded a demo and spent hours trying to configure it. It looks like bug in there. Not what I expect if I buy it for several hundread pounds.
                          Maybe I should just stick with my V6 for now until V8 comes out.
                          wesley
                          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Me again,
                            just got this reply from actinic about this.

'I check the link and found that in the View cart a portion of it is in Green, while the rest of the site is in Red (or Maroon). If you would like to change this to a red background, you need to go to Design | Colours | , here could you check for 'Form Emphasis' colour and change it to a red background. Then upload to your site and see if it work. If yes then need to change the other Green visible colour in this window as well.'

Not very satisfactory, the cart page still shows elements from the best seller theme. It all should be the smart theme.
                            A simple requirement that si beyonds Actinics ability by the look of it.

wesley Thorne
                            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world. People make errors, computers make errors.

My intention when replying to this thread was to provide a work around, which most people accept as being necessary from time to time to get something fixed and move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X