Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed latest patch - Actinic now crashing

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone else had come across this problem. Before we installed the latest patch, this problem did not seem to be happening, or certainly did not cause the same effect.

If i copy an existing product and then attempt to paste it into a section (can be the same one or a different one) Actinic now just sits with the sand timer icon, stops responding, and has to be closed down with task manager. The worst thing is that this does not happen consistantly, nor does it happen just to certain types of product structure (ie. ones with extended info, components etc) it just seems to be fairly random.

We have a fairly large catalog with around 3000 main products and 11300 various attribute items, and the ActinicCatalog.mdb file is 256MB - although I wouldn't have thought this should effect the pasting of existing products.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else had heard of this happening, or if anyone at actinic had any rough ideas.

Cheers,

Stuart
    Tacklebargains.co.uk

Located: Cheshire, UK

Have you compacted the database lately? May be worth a try as a starting point

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi,

I have compacted the database, just in case that was related, but this problem/bug is still occurring.

Do any of the posters from Actinic have any input?

Cheers.
      Tacklebargains.co.uk

Comment

Try copying your product, then clicking on a product in a different section to the one that you want to paste it into, then click back onto the section you want to paste it into and then paste it. Sounds daft I know, but I think that this might be a little bug and that this might be a workaound.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jan - will try that next time we're working on the site and report back with how it went.
          Tacklebargains.co.uk

Comment

This is happening for me now. I tried to do Jans suggestion but it doesnt work for me. Very annoying as I need to copy and paste quite a few products
            Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Hi Owen

Have you just upgraded now to 7.0.4 and it started happening? Or has the problem just started now and you have been on 7.0.4 for while?

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

I havent upgraded, I am on 7.0.3

Comment

Hi there

The start of this thread was from a client which had upgraded and started to crash, since you have still on 7.0.3, this means you have a different error. Have you tried to compact and repair the database on both Catalog and Shipping?. Also please could you advise on what had you done previous before you were getting this error?

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Compacted database yes. Then only thing that I have done since pre crash was to copy and paste a section from a different store. I tried deleting this section to see if copy and paste would work but it still doesn't

Comment

Hi there

Then only thing that I have done since pre crash was to copy and paste a section from a different store.
                      I wonder by doing this, has it made any changes to the database which is causing it to crash. I would suggest in contact Technical Support regarding this issue, they would need your snapshot.

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Try this - it is a long shot.

Take a snapshot of your database. Then export your catalog to a hierarchical file (using File / Export). Then use this file to import your catalog, selecting replace on the first page. Presumably, if you have corrupted any tables then this should clear this out.

If anything goes wrong, import your snapshot and you will be back where you started.

Regards,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                        X