Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking Remote Off Line Orders

Hi,

Is there a way to receive orders directly into actinic via a third party (*not directly via the web*). The easiest way to explain this is via scenario:

1. Customer submits order to a call center either by voice/snail mail.

2. Call Center process order and produce a data item (containing order details, credit card etc).

3. Data item is ftp'd to our actinic web server or similar.

4. Order is downloaded in normal way via actinic.

Does anyone know of how this can be done?

Many Thanks

Bass
    www.winebuythecase.com

I know it sounds daft, but why can't they have a username/login (that way you know its really them) to your actinic site and place the order in the normal way.??

Comment

FTP'ing unencrypted details is not going to do much for customer confidence. I would also argue the ethics of taking details over the phone and then having them entered onto a website - many people are still wary of the internet and prefer to talk a human and not have their details exposed over the internet. If your site is comprimised in any way you could end up with a lot of very angry people and may also invalidate the terms of your payment service provider... progress with care!

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Further Clarification

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

The requirement is complex and difficult to explain in detail yet alone, summary, what I have done is listed a scenario that outlines a similar requirement of getting an order submitted into actinic without using the main web site and without using the facility to enter orders off line in version 7.

Another way of looking at it may be to say

1. An affiliate takes the order via their system electronically.

2. Submits the order from their local system into our website. This needs to be an automatic rather than manual process.

3. We download the order via actinic and process as normal.

What I am looking for is a solution to number 2

Many Thanks

Bass

Comment

Hi Bass,

2. Submits the order from their local system into our website. This needs to be an automatic rather than manual process.
          Actinic allows you to take off line order, and with Actinic Business Plus, you can have upto 10 people taking off line ordering on 1 site. Actinic Business Plus, is a network version of Actinic. I can't see another way of doing this other than using the website or offline ordering.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
          X